Must-See TV: ’60 Minutes’ to Highlight MMJ Debate, Colorado Medical Marijuana Industr

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by claygooding, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Must-See TV: '60 Minutes' to Highlight MMJ Debate, Colorado Medical Marijuana Industry

Medical marijuana will take center stage this Sunday, with “60 Minutes” airing a segment that explores the cannabis industry in Colorado and the legal issues surrounding MMJ.

The piece – called “Rocky Mountain High” – elevates the medical marijuana debate just two weeks before the elections, when two states (Arkansas and Massachusetts) will vote on whether to legalize MMJ. At the same time, three other states – Colorado, Oregon and Washington – will vote on measures to legalize the general use of marijuana.

We are really shaking things up when 60 Minutes does a show on it. Now let's see how they handle it,,will it be prohibitionist supporting?

2. 60 Minutes is usually very fair in its coverage of political issues. But there probably will be at least a slight prohibitionist bias, as has been seen in many documentaries evaluating the mmj industry and legalization movement in the past.

But I doubt it'll significantly affect public perception either way.

3. I just don't know how relevant '60 Minutes' is anymore.

But, well, it only takes one vote to swing a tie. So while I think that it's a little on the "too little, too late" side of things, every little bit helps.