Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Muslim Stoners

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by habbasi, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Love the avatar
    RISE UP!

2. How can you be a muslim stoner?[​IMG]

3. Salam brothers I'm a Muslim stoner from uk now chillin in Islamabad pk .got the beautiful Garda straight from mardan

4. Birmingham, UK
    Barking, London, UK

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Lol yea Birmingham has quite alot and bradford. Hows everyone doing :p

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. most of my friends that i chill and smoke with are muslim, not because of any particular reason, they just all live in the same building as me..

7. #27 UnsuspiciousUsername, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013

Its not specific. I've read though it. Most of the Qu'ran is interpretation; and faith should be upon the individual (not listening what some old geezer says; but the guidance of the Allah instead).
    An intoxicant would impede one's ability to rejoice Allah and remember one's prayer. Which is why alcohol is haram, along with most schedule 1-schedule 3 drugs. However, if you smoke weed, you would know that you are still fully capable of having functional abilities in the brain. I've never smoked marijuana and had memory issues. You can still think, speak, and remember, so it is not intoxicating. 

Remember, words were created and definitions were added by different languages over the centuries. If you google the definition of intoxicants, you might find it unbefitting, but you have to look at the context of the text and interpret from what should make sense. 

I'm not muslim, by the way. 

8. #28 Monte_Cristo, Nov 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2013
    So like the person above me mentioned, intoxicants are considered Haram. However I also know from a history of Islam class that I took that certain medicines that might be considered intoxicants are infact considered Halal because they provide medicinal beneifts. 

My question to the muslim stoners out in the city is this: If marijuana were to be recognized as a medicine, would that then make it Halal to consume it for its medicinal benefits?

Thanks, and PLEASE correct me if I used wrong terms.

Not that it matters but Im christian and I go to a christian college that requires we take a class on a different religion at least once

9. #29 Granthi, Nov 15, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
    How can you believe there is an all powerful invisible man living in the sky, when science has pretty much disproven this with overwhelming evidence of the big bang & evolution? The koran was written about a thousand years ago when people had very limited understanding of human origin. 

How can you give up such life pleasures as pre-marital sex, having a foreskin, beer, bacon, women showing their bodies or being gay (if that floats your boat) when there is probably no god? There is absolutely no evidence for an afterlife either.

Why do you respond to these valid criticisms with accusations of 'racism', if you say the same about Christianity they probably wouldn't call you 'racist' they would debate you like an adult.

10. silly muslims, fairy tales are for kids

How has science proven beliefs in a god wrong? and we still don't have a good understanding of human origin.... with that said, I don't have any beliefs... But science hasn't proven shit. And most believers don't believe that god is just some invisible man in the sky like you said.

12. #32 Granthi, Nov 15, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013

Before people understood that we evolved from other lifeforms, then people would have been very hung up on where we came from. Therefor it would have made sense to hatch up a story that we were 'created' by some form of god, I don't see how Muslims & Christians believing we were created by the god of the old testament is any different from Norse or Roman mythology. There are still a few holes in the theory of evolution but our understanding is more comprehensive than ever, it's improved our living condition massively - new medicine, new technology. tldr; 'God' is to fill in the gaps of knowledge that humans don't yet understand.

Well okay, I'm homaging George Carlin. I still think it's a ludicrous concept, I'd give them a bit more credit if they at least had any form of evidence, I'd never commit that much of my lifestyle choice into a matter of faith.

I'm non-religious obviously. A lot of the secular-left rip the shit into Christianity whilst handling Islam with white gloves, which I think is very hypocritical because they're both fairly similar religions (offshoots of Judaism). It's possibly because Muslims are much more likely to respond with violence or try play the 'race' card bogusly. 

13. there's no need for you to question his faith that's his damn business man

14. Pre marital sex... basically a society that has loads of women second guessing who the father of their baby is, the spread of sexual diseases, broken homes galore.

Foreskin... google the hygiene benefits... lol and maybe consider that the benefit for it is that you have a better wank?

Beer... wow poisoning ones blood in order to have enjoyment makes sense to you then go for it.

Women showing their bodies? European women were covering up I.e for decency up until the 1920s... I hope you won't mind your daughter dressed up in a mini skirt no underwear and a see through bra.

Bacon its just food... lol there are people dieing of hunger all over the place. Giving up bacon can't be such a massive deal.

And being gay I don't care about a persons sexual preference but if your talking about evolution and what not then clearly that doesn't fit in when 2 men or 2 women can't make a baby.

Again you make choices with the way you live your life and I geuss muslims will make theirs. :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

15. #35 Granthi, Nov 18, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013

Sounds fairer than a culture that stones women for having sex out of wedlock. In fact Islam allows the man to have children with multiple women, but a woman is forbidden to having kids with multiple men - ensuring more fatherless homes. Islam roughly forbids abortion and contraception so more unwanted pregnancies wind up in women's hands. Women are forbidden to divorce their husbands

Marriage was originally a religious custom so that the wife would almost be sold to the husband off of the father. Marriages were sometimes arranged. Whereas after the end of patriarchy it has become more a legal unionship between two loving people, an agreement between the man & woman - a lot of couples marry for the financial benefits. It's unfortunate that some marriages end in divorce but it is necessary when continuing an unsuccessful relationship will only result in greater unhappiness.

Sex is the bee's knees, you should try it.

I am aware of the hygiene issues regarding having an entire penis, all of which are avoidable by regularly washing behind it each day with a little soap. It's likely people in the 9th century would have had limited resources to clean water, so infection would have been more likely. There is minimally less chance of STD contraction, but that can also be avoided by using a condom. 

The forekskin is incredibly sensitive & functional for sex, it has 20,000 nerve endings. That's quite a facetious way of putting it. The practice of removing this was intended to preserve male chastity, not much different to the Islamic practice of female circumcision. Thats often why circumcised males find they need to use lubricant.

Moderate recreational drinking is a very pleasurable social activity. In fact low usage has been proven to have health benefits. It's again likely that alcohol was much more impure & hence more dangerous in the 9th century Gulf. Most drugs & medicines (yes even weed) are known to have toxic side effects if used excessively.

No much more than I would if she wore a robe designed to completely conceal her human form & appearance, especially designed to hide traits of feminine sexuality - i.e. hair, shape - a burqa. Some women are left with only either eyes appearing, how would you feel if men were expected to wear a garment to entirely cover their bodies whilst women are granted far more clothing freedom?

Well if it was going to school, we'd have words. If it was going to a nightclub organised by the college with many of her girlfriends & maybe a couple really loyal boyfriends, yeah fuck it she's free to enjoy herself. Would you mind your son dressed in Jersey Shore get up if he was going out to bars?

Food wastefulness is a serious concern, but we can leave that to discussion another time because it's not completely relevant here. Pork is an excellent nutritious, cheap & resourceful food. Easy to farm. Delicious. Pork cooked properly has been shown to yield very little toxins at all, & it's likely this rule reflects on the poor food hygiene practices of the time. 

I'm bisexual but about 60% attracted to men. I can tell you homosexuality very much appears to be involuntary as modern science has revealed. There is some debate whether as to is it the result of a defective hormonal imbalance or if it in fact has a social evolutionary function (such as peer bonding), but I don't see how being unable to reproduce is necessarily such a bad thing. We're vastly overpopulated, as you said excessive children from failed marriages are bad - gay couples can never accidentally have kids and many of them desire adopting existing children in over-crowded carehomes. 

16. I don't know mate it does depend on allot of things. And it's not as simple as you made out.they have to be married and also for the man to have a second wife I'm pretty sure it has to be with consent from the other wife. I'm not sure I agree with the pregnancies and women having multiple partners just to keep it simple example a woman has 3 husband's who she slept with in similar time frame. Does the baby know who his dad is?

Personally in respect to marriages and divorces it seems far too easy nowadays to just fob your partner off and divorce instead off working out your problems

Sex is great I agree :)

I don't know...how many circumcised men have you asked they use lubricant...just saying I've never had to lol.

Yes red wine has a high level of anti oxidants but considering the addictive nature of alcohol and it's psychological habitual effect it has on people I don't think it's a particularly great thing.
    How weed would you had to smoke for toxicity lol?

Lol I'm sure women can answer that better than either of us. The benefit I can see is of course the avoidance of the harassment of men... but again some women will enjoy that attention so it's whatever I suppose.

You make your points well and your responses are not just some repeated propaganda.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

17. Religion is a fucking glitch in the human operating system. Ever since I started smoking weed, I lost my religion. Just my 2 cents lolz

18. Fair play Bro in sure someone has smoked and had the opposite affect lol all the best

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. found all the muslim stoners (not being racist, my muslim friend told me to post this):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jD146Rx80k

20. #40 Granthi, Nov 19, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2013

That has almost nothing to do with being a secular state.

Family is about love, not biology. If a child is raised by a loving step dad who fulfils all the responsibilities of a paternal role-model, what does it matter if he's not the genuine father? The child might not necessarily even relate to his real dad on an interpersonal level.

For one thing a man can father a greater number of children in a smaller space of time due to the inherent nature that women can only hold one pregnancy in their wombs for 9 months at a time, whereas men can potential impregnate multiple women in as little as a day. More single mothers are likely to arise from this.

There are too many broken homes at the moment, but again that has very little to do with lack of religion. Our welfare system is overly sympathetic on single mothers and provides financially un-supporting parents with money to fund their children, a system that alot of people know they can take advantage of. Other secular countries have harsher ways of dealing with this - ie in China they fine you, in Holland they force you to live with your parents and raise the kid to 16. These deter women from giving birth to babies they can't raise. It's not anti-feminist to question that our way of dealing with these women is too soft, it's important that contraception is taught and made freely available, & adoption is an option.

What I disagree with is how Islam views it can enforce celibacy & patriarchy, when there is absolutely no evidence for their religion being correct. When Europeans left their Christian values behind we made huge progress in the liberation of women & our sex lives as a result, Middle-Eastern countries are still very behind in this respect.