Musical Evolution?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Ouroboros, Feb 18, 2010.

1. I think music can express the evolution of our consciouse, but I also believe that it has effected our genetic evolution to help perfect the finety of our form.

2. Yes, music definitely expresses the evolution of the conscious mind, this is why most people simply do not have the ability to understand certain types of music and are incredibly quick to dub them as shit. However, as their view of the world and life in general changes so does their taste in music, it can open it to a whole new array of different directions or close if off to a few. One thing is certain, music taste changes as time goes by and the passing of time will cause you to change.

As for affecting our genetic evolution, I think that's not really possible. Music, is too subjective, different people interpret different music differently. Also, if music was part of evolution I don't think we would have as many musicians with no talent under the spot light, if we took into account music in natural selection people like Lil' Wayne, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and that gang of auto-tuned, talentless, attention-seeking, money hungry pieces of scum would be fucking dead (in the music industry of course -.-).

3. We are living through a musical revolution as we type here. Look at the early 20th century, with the classical rag time dancing. Now, we have evolved to grinding. Our music has changed the way in which we act on the dance floor as well. We are simply living through a wave of music for our generation, and as history has shown us, it will change.

4. Lol I think our style of dance's changing had more to do with the devolution of morality than the evolution of music. But music is certainly evolving. It seems to be nearing the pursuit of perfection; between synthesizers and autotune an artificial perfection can be achieved. Not that I'm necessarily fond of that, but I still think it is an evolution.