Music today sucks. No seriously, it REALLY fucking sucks

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Lyris5, Jun 29, 2009.

1. What the fuck is up with all this electro-pop shit? Have you noticed every goddamn pop and r&b song sounds exsactly the goddamn same? Nobody on mainstream radio writes original legitimate music anymore. They just do shit because everyone else does it and all literally the same robotic loop. Ugh.

2. I feel your pain. The problem is, it sells. People loooove it. I don't get it, though.

3. yeah I hate that shit man... and I have to listen to it all day at work, it is driving me INSANE

4. a lot of stuff these days sucks...

5. agreeeeeeed.

But that underground shit is still bumping.

6. rap is the worst.

7. I agree. I mean I won't lie, I like a couple of songs that'll come on the radio, but for the most part it's just Kanye West trying to disguise the fact that he can't sing by using that annoying electronic voice. And there are some shitty "rock" songs, too.

8. man i gotta say, radio music is an industry where money is made. you gotta look deeper to discover good music. now british radio is a different story - DUBSTEP :hello::cool:

9. dude
    dont listen to the radio then
    the radio plays the lame songs that everyone knows
    start getting into your local music scene and find out some new artists to listen to
    broaden your horizons man

10. That's the key word, mainstream.

There is a shitload of great music out there; it just aint mainstream. So no, music today doesn't suck. Mainstream music today sucks.

11. Some electropop is good! What about MGMT?

12. In the 90's MTV and mainstream radio were still full of creativity. It used to be popular to be creative. Dunno what happened there.

13. people are running out of ideas for meaningful music, but now its cool to sing about nothing so... its all good.

IM ON A BOAT!!!

14. thats not true
    just stop listing to the popular bullshit bands
    do some deep research and web browsing and shit
    you can find some fucking awesome bands
    they arent as well known cause they dont care about getting famous
    they just have a passion for music

15. yeah dude I mean I agree with the general consensus, you've got to look deeper than mainstream music if you want to listen to good music. Either deeper or older IMO, just because it's new doesn't mean you have to listen to it, the mainstream music being made today is trash but the music that's still around today isn't. Take pride in your taste and find things you can like without hearing it on the radio.

16. I know. I listen to a lot of great inde bands. I just think it's a shame that in general, only generic groups get attention nowadays (which certainly wasn't always the case). But oh well. That's life.

17. theres more out there then indie
    check out jam bands and reggae stuff
    go to your favorite band's msypace and check out their top friends
    usually if you like that band you will like their top friends

18. Yeah man, i hear you on that.
    I think its because the worlds so fucked up and how ppl think its okay to be gay or lesbo or w/e, its not! and musicians now days are making gay ass music.
    I'm seriously not trying to cause offense to anyone but really!

i listen to anything except country, i cant stand that shit.
    but maybe you should experiment with other genre's of music. ever tried listening to Drum&Bass? or how bout Ambient music? the ambient is chill and good to get high to at night.
    go underground in your city, or something, i know in gboro NC there's alot of underground Jungle/drumNbass dj's and producers comin out with amazing music every week that will prolly never be heard but is simply amazing za zing. haha

idk i guess its about what you listen to.

19. #19 Lyris5, Jun 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2009

Yeah I know of a lot of great music, but what's dissapointing to me is that years later this era's going to be remebered for the stuff being played right now. But oh well if that's what people like, whatever.

20. Kill me now...