Mushrooms

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by JaykeSucks, Apr 30, 2009.

1. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but I'm thinking of growing my own shrooms, but I had just one question.

When you grow pot, you can continue growing without getting more seeds by 'cloning'.
    What do you do for shrooms? Do you need to keep buying spores each time, or is there a way you can do it?

Sorry if this is a heaps beginner question...but...well, I am a beginner.

2. no you dont need spores everytime

3. you can take a spore print from the batch you grew, now if you wanted to grow a different species or they didn't turn out well you would have to buy a new one.

4. Thanks heaps guys! Any strains you'd recommend for me to go for/avoid?

5. #6 Mushie, Apr 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2009
    I would reccomend a type of cubensis, they are the easiest for first time fungus growers.

Edit: if you have money to buy additional spore prints. Try to mix it up. Do a different strain for every batch and collect prints from each batch you make.

6. you jost innoculate a million jars expodentionally

7. All living organisms reproduce....hence, if you've got enough of them, you'll have an infinite supply.

Where do you think spores come from in the first place? :rolleyes:

8. Heh, yeah, good point.
    I just wasn't sure how easy it was to get the spores into another medium if you're doing it all indoors kinda thing.
    Thanks for all the replies and the help. I'm ordering a syringe of either Amazon, Melbourne, Golden Teacher or Storm Chaser spores off of Earths Tongue sometime soon. I'll let you know how it all goes.