mushrooms growing in my pot

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Micl, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. this is a weird situation, the soil i use for my outdoor plants (they are potted) is just regular soil but some crazy navajo indian 420-4-lyfe guy recommended mixing it with soil straight from your backyard because the nutrition from decaying insects, various minerals, etc... is very beneficial for the plant..so I did just that.

my soil had various dead caterpillars, larvae, etc... and i guess it helped, cause the plant took off like a truck, now heres my problem (im not sure if the 2 are related)

i have a shitload of mushrooms sprouting up all around the plant. the plant is perfectly healthy, it does not seem to be effected at all, but should i be worried?

i dont know if i need to kill these mushrooms or just fuck em, because they have been coming and going for a while but recently a lot more have been sprouting up..

2. oh man if mushrooms started growing in my soil id do cartwheels
    that is if they were the good kind haha

but i know molds bad but fungus is another story so im not sure
    i think it should be ok because its not like the fungus is eating your plant and its probably just trying to eat the decomposed products in the soil

but since they are growing at all it sounds as though you're letting your grow get to humid so you might want to research into how to bring that down because that can cause mold to start growing on your buds when you enter the flowering stage

3. yes let me just stick a dehumidifier in my backyard and get right on that lol :smoke:

4. If you live in a really humid area theres a chance your plant might come out just fine but if you do get that budrot shit ....man its so gay i've only gotten it once but that was enough

5. #5 nevesone7, Jul 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2009
    check this link. I had some mushrooms in my grow area as well, but after some research on this site I was able to tell what type they were and that they were actually growing on my ground bark that I used to retain water and keep the ground cooler/warmer...click the link to go to the site

Identify Mushrooms

6. hey i too am getting small brown mushrooms growing in a few of my pots. i just pluck them but they dont seem to do any damage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.