Mushroom tolerance

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Jared, Mar 5, 2009.

1. I'm not that heavily experienced with Psychedelics, but I've taken mushrooms somewhere around 15 times, but haven't tripped every single time.

Last summer on a monday I ate half an eighth and had a nice trip. Two days later I ate an eighth and didn't trip at all. Two days after that I ate 2 grams of caps and again I didn't trip. After that I started to experiment with how many days it took after tripping to be able to trip just as decent and I think I came to the conclusion to wait a minimum of 5-7 days after tripping before eating mushrooms again and being able to trip.

I know that everyone is different, but I have numerous friends who have gone 3-4 days in a row eating them each night and still tripping each time. I understand tolerances are build up with use, but I'm puzzled by the fact that I ate half an eighth and tripped one day then a couple days later ate an eighth and nothing happened. Anyone have any ideas?

2. » I took shrooms 4 times in last 3 weeks. First time was unforgettable but 3 other times I didn t trip at all. What is it with me?

It's not you. It's your body. Tolerance to mushrooms and the active ingredient psilocybin is almost immediate and will last for three to four days. You will have to take twice the amount of mushrooms the next day to achieve the same effect.

3. Does tolerance to them have anything to do with a person's body type? I'm a fairly tiny person.

4. I doubt body weight will have any difference since the drug is effecting your brain receptors, and 300 pound guy and 100 pound guy have the same brain size. Shrooms and LSD have a major problem with tolerance. Some people might not trip even if taking large doses a few days after.

Why would you not research a drug before you take it? Why did you decide that it was alright to repeat a drug you did not know much about right away? Why did it take 15 uses to ask for information? Why did you not go to google and find out in 30 seconds?

5. I don't really see what there would be to research about shrooms. Whenever I try a new pill or something I research how much I should take etc. In my opinion getting advice from experienced friends would be better than the internet in most cases. Also it did not take 15 uses for me to start asking questions. Of course I pondered this immediately after it happened. This isn't some sort of experiment to me, it's just having a good time recreationally using them.