Mushroom Identification

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by nubcake, Sep 13, 2009.

1. I found about twenty of these mushrooms growing on cowshit in the rain. They appear to bruise kinda blue and the caps have bluish tint on the edges. I found them in south texas hill country in the rain, in a slightly shaded area. Any help determining if these are good to eat?

pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Take off the top and set it on a white piece of paper so that the gills are facing the paper, put a glass over it to keep the moisture in. Wait about 30-45 minutes and post a picture of whats on the white paper.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3FV_YbjlYI&feature=PlayList&p=E4AEE0F976680149&index=0&playnext=1"]YouTube - The Hunt for Wild Magic Mushrooms 1 of 4[/ame]

watch all 4 parts of this to learn the basics man, be safe.

3. Also Shroomery might be a bit more accurate for results than GC, since all they talk about is shrooms there.

4. the sporeprint isnt very defined yet but the color is a light greyish almost blueish

5. If you watch the video that's what your looking for, a greyish bluish print.. If it bruises purplish blueish and was growing on cow shit then I would munch on em.

6. I would recommend a second opinion, just in case, ya know? Just to be on the safe side.

7. i just ate a small handfull, they are tiny and were on cow shit and have a bluish tint. Hopefully i wont die they didnt taste bad they didnt have much taste

8. good luck brotha, let us know!

9. A just tried shrooms a few days ago for the first time and I actually liked the way they taste. I don't know about you guys but I would eat them even if they weren't magic.

10. Yeah I'm curious if you'll be alive because I might have fucked up or just straight up lied to you...

Nah I'm just kidding you'll be fine they are magical.

11. i hope theyre good!

12. Good luck man. Let us know how it goes!

13. Like i said i ate a handful, nothing happened. There is plenty more mushrooms of different types growing out there and people i know have found magic ones before. I will try again in a week, mayb there will be new growths

14. got yourself a pan muh friend.

15. Yeah, nothing happened yet. Poisonous mushrooms take 3 days or so to kill you if they were infarct poisonous, so come back in a few days so we know for sure that they weren't poisonous.

16. lol already got it covered bro. 2 comments ago. anyways thats a good confirmed pan.