Mushroom Compost

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jash1240, Feb 13, 2010.

1. I have one plant that is almost two months old, im having a couple problems with the soil i think...Its too alkaline about 7.2 so i need good ideas on lowering the ph...
    But i just bought some Mushroom compost for my seed that just germinated, i put it in a small pot with the compost and have a 250 w HPS light about 2 1/2 ft above the pot, i have a Humidity tent over the new seed...by the way i planted it a day an a half ago in the mushroom compost but it hasnt hit the air yet, problem or should i wait another day or two...
    And lastly in my plant that is two months old it is growing in a three gallon pot with Miracle Gro soiless mix...Should i transplant that into the Mushroom Compost i just boutht:confused::confused:??????

2. Hi. Mushroom compost is for Mushrooms. There is quite a bit of manure in it, which means it has a ton of Nitrogen in it. It will fuck up your baby plant. You should stay away from it. I never give nutes to babies until they are well on their way into veg (2 wks).
    Your baby should also only be in a dark, warm place. Wait with the big light on it, till you have a good sprout. Then go 24/7 for 2 wks then switch to 18/6. Miracle grow is like buying a lottery ticket. You will really stress a 2 month old plant if you transplant it.
    Hope this helps. Growin for 30 years. Cheers man.
    :smoking:

3. Can you suggest what i should use for the baby? it hasnt sprouted above the soil yet