Murs: underrated or overrated?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by fatblunts9-5-4, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Anyone else think that murs is an average at best, sometimes weak, rhymer that gets the benefit of the doubt due to his ill production? (IMO, overrated)

Or

Anyone think his skills as an MC are underrated?

either way, what do you think of Murs?

2. He's aight.But I've only heard one song....

3. He's definitely carried by the production a lot more than people seem to realize. He isn't the perfect emcee (thinking along the lines of Black Thought) but his flow is entertaining enough to keep me listening. I still recommend 3:16 every chance I get, although I'm not sure how that would change if someone other than 9th had produced it.

4. yeah i never thought he was too great either..idk its just somethin bout him

and yeah nawnscents is right, the murs 3:16 cd is dope, thats cuz its produced by 9th wonder, so once again the production rele carried him ya know? 9th one of the dopest in the game

one of my favorite songs of all time

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOg4fbwB8ok]YouTube - Murs & 9th Wonder feat. Phonte - The animal[/ame]

5. ^ Ahhh, yes yes. Murs has always been kind of sub par in my opinion, but i fucking love that song

6. for real?

i think Murs is always either overrated or underrated. people always choose one of the poles with Murs.. and i just disagree

i think he's pretty good. he's the type of rapper that never spits any whack shit.. but really, in comparison to an abundance of emcees i love, Murs' lyrics are lackin a lot of the time

7. I think Murs is good, not the best. I can easily see him going mainstream (which means it's just okay, kinda good). I mean, he was already a cameo in an LMFAO video.

He is not as good as some of his Living Legends counterparts, such as The Grouch and Eligh. They are amazing.

I also have a soft spot for him because I got to meet him. He is fine as fuck (I am a girl).