Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.
  1. #1 peanutbutter, Sep 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2010
    In case you were not aware of it.

Sal Argo passed away a couple days ago.

Sal was a legal mmj patient in Michigan.

He died as the result of the strain on him from the police raid on his home a few days before.

A heart attack.

There will be a protest outside the Oakland county courthouse on 9/8.

When an armed robbery results in the death of the victim, the crime elevates to murder.

I'm asking anyone that plans on attending to bring a sign with one single word on it:

Murder

Sal Argo was a retired GM worker. He was a couch at the local high school. He was in his home with his wife. The police took 18-20 plants, depending who was counting. They also took $11,000 in cash.

The voters of Michigan told these people to stop doing that kind of thing effective 12/4/2008. They have had plenty of time to become aware of the law. Within our law the police were stripped of their protections they take so much for granted.

The basic statement by police and courts across the state, is that they are confused.

That defense is not supposed to work.

Now they have conducted a armed robbery against a disabled elderly couple. Causing the death of this innocent citizen.

This is murder. That single word needs to ring out.

2. Here is a video of Sal after the raid. From the Oakland press:

WITH VIDEO: Recently raided Lake Orion medical marijuana grower dies - The Oakland Press News: The best place for news in and around Oakland County

Sal Agro looks at the empty pots in the basement of his Orion Township, that he used to grow marijuana. Sheriff's deputies raided his home Wednesday night and took under 20 plants and confiscated $11,000 in cash that he said he had to purchase a new car. The Oakland Press/TIM THOMPSON

Sal Agro, the Lake Orion man who spoke out about police last week after an Aug. 25 medical marijuana raid at him home, died Thursday.

His death was caused by a heart attack, family members said. He had recently had hip surgery. He was 67.

After the raids, Agro, a retired GM worker and beloved Lake Orion sports coach, walked through areas of his home to show where police had torn apart beds and clothing, looking for marijuana, he said.

Several marijuana plants he had been growing in a basement bedroom had been torn out and confiscated by police.

“They had ski masks on and acted like the Gestapo,” he had said.

Agro said his sons Nick and Tony Agro ran the Clinical Relief, at 362 Hilton, in Ferndale. His wife, Barb, was interviewed at the clinic.

Sal Agro said both he and his wife had state-issued cards that allow them to have marijuana plants.

The Agros’ son Tony was arrested in Ferndale during the raid.

Sal Agro said his family had run the Ferndale clinic professionally and had invited government officials to tour the operation.

“They said our clinic is the benchmark,” he said Aug. 26.

Cecelia Vellucci of Lake Orion said she knew Agro for nearly 40 years.

“He was very caring for children,” she said. “He was always there first to guide and train them.”

Vellucci said her five sons went to school with the Agros’ sons.

“He was very friendly, kidding and joking,” she said. “He wasn’t afraid to speak up.”

A Facebook posting at 2:45 p.m. Thursday spoke about Agro’s sports background.

“Lake Orion suffered a devastating loss this early afternoon. Our hearts go out the Agro family and the passing of Sal Agro after complications following his recent hip replacement surgery. RIP Coach!”

Jennifer Chapdelaine wrote, “Sal was the best coach I’ve ever had and my favorite! He will be missed greatly!”

John F. Carson wrote, “Maril and I have suffered a great loss. Sal was both friend and family. We will miss you, Sal. Our loss is God’s gift ... heaven will never be the same.”

Mr. Agro was born on Jan. 30, 1943 in Buffalo, N.Y. to Carmela and Michael Agro. He was in the U.S. Air Force for four years, his family said, and moved to Michigan in the mid-1960s because he was stationed at Selfridge Air Force Base in Harrison Township. He married Barbara Weaver in 1965. The couple has three children, Michael (Cherie) of Colorado, Anthony (Dianne) of Troy and Nicholas (Jennifer) of Lake Orion. He is also survived by his grandchildren Kara, Amber, Joseph, AnnaGrace, Carson, Addison, and many nieces and nephews.

3. When you deprive someone of a medicine there is the possibility of this kind of thing happening.

These people and many many more across the state have had their medicine suddenly taken away in the very midst of a very stressful time.

This is torture of sick and disabled people.

The voters in Michigan told this system to stop .. effecitve 12/4/2008.

This is violation of civil rights, torture and murder.

4. It is manslaughter, not murder. As nasty as government can be I highly doubt they said 'let's get this guy to have a fatal heart attack'.

Hyperbole doesn't help the cause.

5. Blade, I'm waiting for them to actually murder somebody here before the M-74 vote. The law enforcement propaganda machine is really getting wound up. Between the rippers and the cops its going to be an interesting fall.....

6. I wonder if there is a carpool of any kind from Ann Arbor to the rally. PeanutButter are you a NORML member? Your text sounds exactly like something I read on the talk list today.

7. Yes .. I'm just west of Ann Arbor.

My car is already full. But there should be other folks from our area going.

8. You are in error. When someone dies because of an armed robbery the crime elevates to murder.

9. 2nd degree murder does not require proof of premeditation, you are correct.

However, there will be a causal connection problem with a murder charge, in that there is no proof of the raid causing the heart attack, due to the difference in times. If he had dropped dead during the raid, or an hour or two later, then it might be provable.

Wrongful death lawsuit for sure though, and I hope they win millions.

Murder is what Johannes Mehserle (cop) did to Oscar Grant ( unarmed man) on the BART platform in Oakland, and he was only convicted of manslaughter, after mounting a defense claiming to be unable to tell the difference between his .38 police special, and his taser.

His defense, was that he was an idiot, so the conviction was taken down from murder to manslaughter, because even when a cop is a self proclaimed idiot, they are still allowed to shoot first in our society.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmJukcFzEX4]YouTube - POLICE SHOOTING AT BART STATION - OSCAR GRANT[/ame]

Sad, but true.

My sympathies to all victims of police brutality.

10. Actually you're in error in that no court anywhere would rule it 'armed robbery'. At worst officers would be fired and there would be a civil suit filed.

It's true that if a felony is committed and someone dies then it's 2nd degree murder, but this would never be legally considered a felony. Gotta love how governments use sovereignty to protect themselves.

11. And that's why most people believe they will get away with murder.

One more thing to consider. Some of the main players are up for re-election.

12. ugh. fucking disgusting that these things are happening. blatant disregard for peoples rights and completely retarded.

"hey, we have the oppurtunity to make a huge bust on a meth lab that's next door to a daycare center!" "nah man, lets go harass some old, sickly medical marijuana users and steal all their shit and arrest their children!!"

13. something makes me think thats not true at all.

14. Learn to recognize obvious hyperbole.

15. LMAO i cant stop laughing haha
    although yea this is fucked up that that happened
    im just imagining ppl sitting on this dude at a high school and im so confused lmao

16. #16 sbrown, Sep 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2010
    I think it's wrong what they did, especially considering medical marijuana isn't legally recognized on the federal level but is recognized by the state of Michigan. I can see how they'd justify themselves if it had been a DEA raid, but the Sheriff's office? No. Having said that, I honestly don't think you can attribute this man's heart attack to the deprivation of his "medicine". Cannabis isn't defined as a medicine in that context. There are no physical withdrawal symptoms that result from abrupt ceasage of using marijuana. You don't suffer something like a stroke or heart attack from that withdrawal like you can with alcohol or benzos. I also agree with the other posters in saying that his unfortunate death would never be proven murder of any degree. It's been a while since I've taken a law class, but I know that any prosecution team would have trouble establishing connection between the marijuana raid and the subsequent heart attack. The man was 67 and had just undergone hip surgery. Any amount of stress could have been a contributing factor to his death.

The question to ask is: was this guy's marijuana clinic operating fully within the laws of Michigan? If it was then the Sheriff's office had no legal right to do what they did. The DEA would have had that right. Now I remember the articles you posted saying there were something around 20 plants confiscated? According Michigan state law, I believe that the possession limit is 12 plants.

17. Exactly .. So just how stressful is it to have masked thugs burst into your home and hold you at gun point?

You missed the part about both he AND his wife being fully legal patients.

18. Cops are the crookedest of crooks

19. This is just ridiculous. He did nothing wrong yet they destroyed his grow, fucked up his house, and left knowing that they were in the wrong. Can't believe this shit.

20. So horrible. Honestly, I didn't read the story or watch the videos. I know it would just bring me tons of negative feelings.

It trips my mind out that people are doing this. That there are actually people raiding other people for a substance they need/enjoy consuming. Like, going into some ones house with guns because of a plant?

Who are these men? How do they live with themsevles?

Glad you're helping the cause, OP. This shit needs to stop.