Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

munchie issues

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by denimchicken, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Soo idk if any of you guys have an answer to this question but when I smoke, 50 percent of the time eat... And eat and eat and eat. I've been slaying myself at the gym cause I gained a buncha of weight and I'm seein good results. After I lift I smoke and I feel amazing the next day and I feel like it helps with recovery. But the thing is I have zero self control when I smoke.. probably why I gained weight in the first place. But I wanted to know what you guys, if u have this problem, do to control your appetite. I know you think oh just don't eat but I can't seem to smoke and just not eat lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Well they say it helps to drink water.

Just don eat really junky foods. I know that's easier said than done when stoned, but stay away from the crunchy salty grain snacks.

3. Well, if you're going to the gym regularly, eat all you want.
    ...Thats how I always look at it.

Maybe drink more water after smoking to eat less? But I feel like that option sucks.

I much prefer just eating terribly and working it off in the gym the next day.
    Only takes about 30-40 minutes, and I feel better afterwards anyway.

Plus toking right after a hard workout is awesome.
    One of my favourite times to smoke.

4. They are both right as long as you burn it off it doesnt matter what you eat.

5. These are all great answers guys thankss. Ima try to eat healthy food next time and try the water ideaa. And hellsss yess its greatt. I wana look up if it helps out with the recovery the next day cause I can honestly say that I feel better when I smoke the night before.

6. Just don't eat while you're high

7. Only way I can beat much idea is dot start munching. As soon as I start, even if its a handful of grapes, I cannot stop looking for food. It's about will power. I get te munchies when I'm bored, so instead of munching, find something else to do.

Or else just munch healthier and keep hitting the gym.

8. After gym tokes are great, eat protein rich food along with other good healthy stuff while your high man, that way it helps with muscle build and recovery and you wont feel as guilty while your stuffing your face

9. Lies.

By your logic op can load up on junk food, candy, soda, fried foods, etc, and its fine as long as he still goes to the gym?

And somethings you don't just "burn off" like processed foods full of artificial ingredients and blue 5.

10. Well I feel like if you keep yourself busy when you are high, it may keep you away from thinking about food. Also think ahead and instead of buying junk food, just get a whole bunch of apples and eat that instead, as many as you want. That's what I do.... Sometimes. Otherwise I just munch on chips and cookies like crazy haha

11. It was hard for me to give up the munchies, if anything it's made me stronger when I'm sober or drunk, ever since I stopped I've been loosing weight while I smoke weed.

12. i just cut down my portions significantly, that way i still get to taste the food but don't gain a bunch of weight

13. Yeahh thats what I do when I'm shmmamerd to not get tired and feel like shit I work on my car lol. It's hard to eat fruit and stuff when I know there's crap food to have.

14. That's good stuff dude. Yeah my step brother lost like 40 pounds and he said all he did was smoke and sleep I was in aw at what he was telling me haha.

15. Hahaha Yeahh I feel yaa. I gotta do something other than watch tv. I'm guna stock up on good stuff like thatt.

16. Thanks for the info guys gotta put these ideas to the test now lol

17. There are some strains, that do not give the munchies.
    Sativa rich, High munchies!

The more the bud gives you cottonmouth, the more it will give you the munchies.

I like Indica and the couchlock, too stoned to go get something to snack on!

Skywalker OG, doesn't seem to give me the munchies.

Also, ingested cannabis oil, doesn't give me the munchies, either.

I've heard of people getting stoned with a good sativa, then work out and enjoy, the workout more. Plan to be active, after toking on sativa rich bud.

Smoking in a group, away from your groceries, helps also.

18. If you're going to the gym for an intense workout every single day, you can eat as much junk food and fried food as you want, and you're better off for having burned it.

Sure some preservatives and shit can stay in your body, but that happens to some degree with every food besides water.

Ingest fat and sugar and protein, then burn it off, and you'll be healthy.
    To call that a "lie" is just some paranoid bullshit.

19. Say busy main thing if u can't think about the munches they will be forced to go away like if u got punched in the arm by ur older brother how ud block out the pain to beat the shit out of him lol only thing I could think of I'm sooooooo tired insomnia plus I can't get weed

20. I use to have same problem as OP. I switched over my diet and now i only eat fruits, veggies, lean meat, flax seeds, 0 fat dairy products. I actually dont like any of these foods but force myself to eat them now im kinda put off by food which in turn helps me not munch out. My buddies will ask me if i wanna munch out and i think about cottage cheese and flaxseeds and my appetite goes out the window.