Mums and computers...

Discussion in 'General' started by Frank White, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Most annoying thing ever

"Where does the disk go"

"Which way"

"Wheres Bold"

"How do i underline"

OH MY GOD LEAVE ME ALONE :mad:

2. [​IMG] My mom is an idiot when it comes to computers and the internet, too.

3. teach her how to use the computer, that way she wont have to bother you.

4. my mum has to take classes at work, she is still usless ;)

5. shit, my mom owns me when it comes to computers

Whenever i have a comp question i ask my mom.

6. Same here..My mom is badass with comps...But my dad is the most computer illiterate person I know. It kinda confuses me because he has a masters degree in electronics..lol WTF?

-Brian

7. ^ lol, that would confuse me too. As for my rents my mom is ok, and my dad is just like yours brian except with the degree.

8. my moms a complete idiot with computers too, me and my bro are the geniuses with computers here.

9. i used to get so frustrated with my mom and her computer inept self, telling her i taught myself, its easy, just figure it out.

then one day i remembered, at school, they had us on computers in kindergarden/grade 1. we've all been learning them our entire lives, where as computers are competely alien to most of our parents.

damn it can be annoying, but give them some help, its never to late to teach and old dog new tricks.

10. For extra credit in my computer hardware and networking class one time I went to an old folks home to help them with computers. It's the hardest thing to try and get old people to learn how to use computers, because just using the mouse to control the curser amazes and confuses them. Basically the whole time they just told me what they wanted to do and I did it for them, I don't think I taught them a damn thing. One lady picked up the mouse and waved it in front of the screen and was like "it's not working". My family has had a computer since I was born, so I have been using them my entire life. I guess I take it for granted.

11. ^^haha thats cool. when my family has questions about the computer i just tell them to figure it out, its alot easier to learn that way. i have been teaching myself computers since i was like 6, so there 30 im sure they can figure it out.

12. it won't take you more than an hour to show her how to run word

13. hahaha copy n paste eh ... love it

14. Yeah of course ;)