Multiple Universe Theory

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Wolves, Aug 17, 2012.

1. I've been pondering this for a while so here it goes.

Our universe is always expanding, like a balloon. The matter and particles in our universe expand into the nothingness of space. That nothingness that we're expanding into, is that just nothingness? Could it be that other universes somewhere far far away in that nothingness are also expanding as we are? This theory brings up the question of how large existence could really be.

Thoughts?

2. It's possible there are other Universes out there. I happen to believe that black holes are one way trips to another Universe.

3. No thoughts specifically on your question, I would just like to add how I think about what you brought up.

If everything is expanding away from everything (the theory you're discussing), no matter where you are or what point of view you have, you are the center of the universe in your own eyes. In your own eyes you are still, and everything is moving away from you.

Crazy to think about.

4. Yeah my friend told me about a theory, I'm not sure how scientifically valid it is.
    But what he said was that black holes might create new universes, and that it's like the universes way of evolving. Like a sustainable universe will allow for more black holes and more similar universes like that one.
    Again though I'm really not sure how scientifically valid it is lol.

5. Well provided there is infinite space outside our universe it would be possible..But that sounds like a contradiction to me..If in fact our universe is infinite, then how can something exist outside of it? Would that mean our universe is not infinite if there is something outside of it? For something to exist beyond infinity, would mean infinity has an end point and past that end point there exists other things..Confusing..:confused:
    I like to think of us a like a single cell(yes i know we arent really cells) inside the human body. Imagine a cell from your large intestine trying to theorize on what the world around him is(atleast what he sees and is able to percieve) He will never be able to contemplate the true reality of what he is. From the inside looking out he would never see he is 1 cell out of trillions working together in a human body. My point being imo its impossible for us to ever know.

6. There are multiple types of infinity and they can be added, subtracted, multiplied ect. Research about it, I used to have a documentary on it. The guy who found out about it became consumed and eventually committed suicide.

7. [quote name='"didier12"']

Yeah my friend told me about a theory, I'm not sure how scientifically valid it is.
    But what he said was that black holes might create new universes, and that it's like the universes way of evolving. Like a sustainable universe will allow for more black holes and more similar universes like that one.
    Again though I'm really not sure how scientifically valid it is lol.[/quote]

Imagine the universe is one giant organism and black hole are its way of asexual reproduction, and each universe that gets created all have slight mutations to the basics laws of physics and what not.

8. To elaborate, if your body were to release DMT just before death- A single second could be stretched out for an infinite length of time. All spawning from one second you could imagine a new life, again and again each time you were to die.

Isn't life just keen.

9. [quote name='"AfganiKush"']Well provided there is infinite space outside our universe it would be possible..But that sounds like a contradiction to me..If in fact our universe is infinite, then how can something exist outside of it? Would that mean our universe is not infinite if there is something outside of it? For something to exist beyond infinity, would mean infinity has an end point and past that end point there exists other things..Confusing..:confused:
    I like to think of us a like a single cell(yes i know we arent really cells) inside the human body. Imagine a cell from your large intestine trying to theorize on what the world around him is(atleast what he sees and is able to percieve) He will never be able to contemplate the true reality of what he is. From the inside looking out he would never see he is 1 cell out of trillions working together in a human body. My point being imo its impossible for us to ever know.[/quote]

Unless u get a cut and let the cells out, so what if the black holes was the cut and was letting us out..that means we'd die.

10. I always get weird feeling when I think about this shit

11. [quote name='"nicetoastyblunt"']I always get weird feeling when I think about this shit[/quote]

For real bro! My head hurts

12. The shit that trips me out most is the theory of multiverses where each and every possibility exist within each one, and our freewill is simply guiding us through each of the universes by making simple choices. You make a choice between a and b, and whichever choice you make you create a new branching universe, where the opposite choice to have made continues to exist in a different multiverse, but our consciousness only observes the one our freewill chose.

Idk if I articulated it right since it's a mindfuck enough as it is just as a thought, it's ever harder to try and explain it into words lol

13. I've been reading some stuff on terence mckenna and other authors/philosophers. And some believe, and i kind of agree with them to an extent. That the world, and our universe is heading towards come kind of climax point. We are rapidly growing, evolving to connect to the ultimate or something like that. OP, I believe your theory to be possibly true.

14. This theory is new to me, but it sounds really interesting and plausible. Has it been proven that matter is destroyed in a black hole? Could it simply be placed in a new universe / dimension?

15. the gravity in a black hole is infinite once you pass the event horizon (the line of no return sort of thing). since gravity is infinite, all matter is essentially crushed into nothingness. what happens then, we don't really know.

there are theories that particles and their anti-particles will sometimes collide with each other inside a black hole. when they collide it is theoretically possible for an anti-particle to get pushed out and escape from the black hole.

16. some theories argue that their are constant big bangs of new universes all the time. some theories argue that eventually our universe will stop expanding and begin to shrink down again back to its beginnings where another big bang will occur.

some theories argue that there are multiple parallel dimensions - an infinite amount - and they are all piled up on top of each other.

i love reading about this stuff. it's very interesting.

17. are you referring to a singularity? quite interesting as well for sure.

18. Space is infinite, meaning so is our universe.

If something is infinite and has no boundaries how can something exist outside of it?

I believe black holes are collapses of matter that connect two distant points in the universe but nothing can pass through because of its nature.

19. I think the universe is infinite and there are other "parallel" universes all around us but exist on different planes or frequencies..black holes could essentially let you travel to any existence ever because along with anti-matter they also have anti-time and anti-light so they obviously don't follow the same linear rules we all follow

I also think our subconscious is connected to all these infinite universes and would allow us to know and observe all possibilities if our physical brain could process all that information..it's like a computer that can access the Internet and a substantial amount of information but the computer its self can only access limited info on its own..I also think (mostly from first hand experience) that hallucinogens allow you to access that information as well as dreams which allow you to access a place where we aren't bound by the influences of time, light, and gravity