MSI Motherboard LAN connection issues...

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by kagaos, Jun 10, 2010.

1. OK, so my friend just got L4D 2 and he needed a GPU upgrade, So I figured, since he didn't want to buy a card I'd install my old, faulty one for him. [Meaning it's fan died and it proceeded to overheat and crash my system.] It works, however, it will display random, thin rainbow lines and small black dots occasionally.

So, while windows was downloading and installing the drivers for it (a 7600gt by the way) I noticed that it was installing drivers for, what appeared to be, all his other hardware as well.
    Thinking nothing of it, I restarted the computer and the computer would not connect to the internet. It would, however connect to the LAN network.

When I went into "hardware" it stated that the device driver is not working properly, cannot be used, or something along those lines.
    I then tried looking online for the drivers of that motherboard (MSI, MS-7525 ver 1.0) and could only find windows XP ones which were of no use, as he had Vista.

So what is the problem here? Drivers? Did the GPU mess something up?
    And if it is the drivers (I have a hunch it is) could someone please direct me to the nearest Vista version?

Thanks in advance,
    Kagaos

2. Did you attempt the graphic driver installation after a clean install of windows? Why are other drivers getting installed with the graphics driver?

3. Thankfully the matter sorted itself out and everything works now I guess. Very strange.

But no, it wasn't a clean install which is why I was confused that windows would reinstall all the drivers. :confused:

4. Ok good. Ya that is strange indeed.