Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

MrsEd's Test Kitchen - An Edible Journal

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by MrsEd, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dang it, no, I forgot about it but I have been asses and elbows in real world work. Today is the first time I have cracked out on GC much all week. Ed is going through withdrawals already. :p

2. Lol haha. I understand. It is a 10 part video so you will want to make sure you have like 45 min to watch it but it shows a lot of good looking dishes.

3. Mrs. Ed:wave:
    boy after jus dropping by 2 say hi.....i got 2 read this monday when im working a lot less than 2day....

jus wanted 2 say howdy & so far 1 papaya is out of the dirt & the other one is almost..thyey must have needed that pokin:D:rolleyes:

4. I've been enjoying the PB for the last week or two, and I wanted to share a hint.

Work out really hard on a somewhat empty stomach and eat the PB right after the workout.

It usually takes 2-3 hours for the Pb to hit me hard, but when I did this the other day I started feeling the effects 30 minutes in, and by an hour I was off my rocker.

5. Colorado, great to have you and glad it worked out for you. Have you seen my avatar, I don't work out. :laughing: Nah, just kidding, I will try that out. Good to know.

Cutter, I will have to come by and see those girls. See ya, Monday. :wave:

6. Is that Paula Dean? (Your AVATAR)

She loves the butter....

7. It is and that is why I picked it since most people seem to go for the butter...I just happen to like the peanut butter better. got cannapeanut butter? :p

8. G Mornin Mrs.
    Guess what? Last night I had a friend make me her test subject. She brought me some Green dragon to try out. I really didn't want to try it, but I owed it to her.
    First one, a one oz shot, just like when I have to shoot bad tequilla, I thought I could shoot it & not have to deal with the taste.
    It didnt happen, first taste was like a raw green vegetable taste. Let me add I hate vegetables, especially green ones, I don't do vegetables. I think lettuce & green peppers are all the green shit that goes in my stomach. So I immediately ate some nuts & washed it down with DDP and washed my teeth. 30 minutes later, nothing, So I had to do one more shot.
    This time I had all my taste neutralizers handy. SAme thing, another 30 minutes nothing.
    Not even feeling the alcohol.
    There was about another shot left, but my gag reflex wasn't allowing anymore testing at the time.
    So All I know from my experiences is usually within 30-45 minutes of ingesting any mind altering substance or even medicine, I can usually feel the effects at least starting. Nothing this time.
    I read post on here where people say 3 hours later it hits them & they go to sleep. Well, 3 hours later I was tired & went to sleep, but nothing hit me.:(
    Just for total clarification, we were smoking before during and after the "Test"

I thought you would enjoy the report.

9. I have to say....you perhaps could be one of those people that just are not affected by edibles. I have seen it happen and believe Doin mentioned noticing that to be the case as well. You are just going to be a "smoke it, don't eat it" kind of guy. That sucks! Two ounces should have had you hitting the floor. :(

10. #190 SugarDaddie, Feb 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2010
    countzerO,

I used this Recipe yesterday with good results, in fact I like this one better than my last batch of Banana Bread, but I did make a change and added 2 cups of mashed bananas, rather than 1 cup as called for in the recipe. sorry no pics this time.

edit: I also added 1 teaspoon of baking powder on top of the baking soda, to give it a little more fluff.

11. Glad you liked. I find the sour creme allows it to keep more moisture making it more cake like then short bread like.

Depending on the ripeness of the banana I use 3-5 medium sized ones. I find if there really ripe you don't need as much.

12. I have bananas I am waiting to ripen more however Ed keeps eating them on his cereal so I may need to get more.

13. Edibles must be like hypnosis. the recipient has to be open minded enough to allow it to work.

14. Or just use enough weed. On a serious note. Everyone I have met who has had a hard time getting off on edibles was cured by a higher dosage. There a fine line between no effect and full on buzz....

15. 7,

Doin said this a while back and it does stand to reason that you might be like one of those people who could take a vicadin and nothing happen while it puts someone else under the table. If it is the recipe that I think you used it had great results with four others that tried it so you should have been out like a light on 2 oz.

16. I'm watching and will be reading. New to edibles and all. Chicken Kief MMMM.

17. Sugardaddie....got some extra keif laying around that you might play with a recipe for Chicken Kief? Sounds cool! Great idea Rooster, I already added to the Chalkboard as well so we won't forget. I can have the material in May for a try.

18. Sounds interesting, but honestly, the thought of using kief on chicken doesn't appeal to me. or any other type of dish, But, I am hoping to try it on some turkey stuffing come thanksgiving.

maybe top it off with a light gravy as well?

I was also thinking of making some home made tortillas as well.

19. #199 Atmosphere., Feb 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2010
    Alright. Time to report back.

I baked my pan of PB&MJ at about 300* for 20 minutes. It turned out to be that amount of time because while I was sitting in my living room I could smell the PB, so I knew it was probably close to getting done and or burnt.

Upon removal from the oven, the outsides were pretty dark brown, but I just gave it a good mix around to try and even out the consistency. I wasn't going to test it out that night anyway, so I just threw the pan in the cupboard and let it hang out.

The next night I was going to be going out anyway, so I wanted to give it a text run. Determined to not be "fucked over" I layered both sides of some bread with the PB&MJ, which I would say each side would be covered with a normal amount of PB used to make a PB&J.

About 1 hour and 15 minutes in, I started to feel a moderate high. It was almost like a coming down high at first. Still made me giggly and excited though. But after proceeding to the bars, I got just bombarded with highness. Like really fuckin high, and I knew it wasn't going away for awhile. At that point I had about 4 mixed drinks, and switched over to beer to try and keep my alcohol content down. But I was def pretty fucked up by the time 2am rolled around. I had ate it about 8:30pm. And can say like a similar post above, I was still feeling the effects in the morning, and I knew it wasn't just the alcohol either.

Some post thoughts:

• It probably wasn't the smartest thing to eat this and drink alcohol.
    • Devote a considerable amount of time to enjoy it, I would say at least 6 hours, minimum.
    • Try not to "taint" it by smoking either. Let it kick in, run it's course, and then smoke if necessary.
    • But pending you have good edibles, you won't want to smoke, trust me!
    • In the future I would only layer one side with PB&MJ for a more suitable dosage.

I think I might have to disagree with your thoughts that people don't get high off edibles, you just have to use correct amounts of ingredients. It's like any good recipe, the results are going to turn out better, the closer you follow the recipe. I could be wrong, but for me, it was pretty intense.

Edit: I didn't eat any for the event I was planning on because I came down with the flu, and I just didn't feel like it would benefit me much at all.

20. Tortillas sound awesome and so does the gravy. I still have the Chicken Kief on the chalkboard so perhaps in May then.

Sounds like you had a rockin time Atmosphere! I might just have to try the peanut butter again but be out and about to stay active and see what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.