Mr. Postmans overgrown closet grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Mister Postman, Jun 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wow those plants are simply amazing. i wish i could be smokin that +rep

2. nice plants bro...can u tell me where i can get a program that does titles like u have done them..they look really stylish!

3. Love the pink hairs plant

4. I resize all my pics through a program called Photo Shop. In that program you can sellect fonts, and different writing styles, and put them on the pics before saving.

5. amazing mr. postman...
    I cant wait to see what you harvest:)
    Your going to have some good times after harvest

6. You better make sure you show some dried bud pics! :D

7. ^^I second that motion.

8. Your grow looks very nice, i wish i could see it in person. Can\'t wait to see how much you get when its dry.

9. Hey thanks for stoppin guys.. I\'ll be getting an update most likely within the next two days when I water..

I\'ll for sure be taking pics of harvest, and all that. No sense of having a journal you don\'t document the ending on right?? I mean that\'s the BEST part.. I\'m thinking I may have estamated a bit a high when I said 7-14 ounces. i was comparing to my last round, but I did veg those a little longer then these, and they were less packed in, so I\'m thinking maybe .75 - 1.75 ounces per plant this round is a bit more realistic, and ubtainable.. My sadhu is the smallest plant in the closet, and I know just by looking at it right now it\'s over a 1/2 ounce dry, and it has another 2-3 weeks more to go. So I\'m looking more on the lines of 5-8 ounces possibly from this round. Still not bad at all:) . I\'ll take it.. I\'m still trying to figure out which methods will work better in the closet, and this is only my second run... So future journals should be a bit more interesting as I grow hydro, try scrog, and other techniques. Next round will be off the NL and ICE clones of this round, and I\'m thiking I\'m only going to run 3-4, but grow them out to maximize my closet space. Sat veg them till 3 ft then flower and tie down if need be. Basically yielding more per plant, and larger more robust buds... That\'s the plan anyway;).. I\'m still pleased with how this is growing though... i feel my canopy is pretty even and full considering I have 4 straisn and both indicas and sativas growing side by side.

I\'m really looking forward to harvesting.. I think the first to come down may be my Durban posion x skunk, and my local bag seed strain.. These were grown from clones of my first rounds plants, and since they are clones thay are a bit faster it seems.

10. everything looks so good..... i want dry pix!!!

11. alright today is day 41 of flower. I started the plants in the soil on a 2-3 week flush of the soil.. I\'m going to flush for 7 days check trichomes of the plants, and either continue to flush, or provide a feeding to those who will go another 2-3 weeks. The flush gets built up salts out of the soil, and gives the plant time to use up any that may be stored in the plant.. Gives the finished product an A+ taste.. No chemical taste, just straight up yummy MJ. Nothing beats properly grown, and finished homegrown that\'s for sure. Right now these are looking very yummy.

I started the flush yesterday, and just ran clean ph adjusted water through the pots. The Ice, and Northern lights in the auto pots are both sativa dom.l, and will be flushed at a later date.

I also made an adjustment to the closet.. I placed the dual fixture which holds the UVB producing reptisuns horizontal on the back wall.. These lights will be run for the remainder of the flkower time, for the full 12 hours the lights are on. The cannabis plant produces trichomes to protect the plants from the suns uvb rays.. Since indoor lighting lack most any uvb I thought adding these to my indoor lighting would better mimic the sun, and also provide the uvb the plants push out those crystals to protect itself from.. This should in essence increase potency, and trichome production.. We\'ll see:) .. Can only help in reproducing the sun indoors in my opiniion.

ok on to the plants

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Long sativa buds :p YUMMY
    [​IMG]

The durban posion x skunk is looking great.. looks like it will be the first one done..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The sweet Hashberry is looking great.. Looks like it will be a heavy yielder. next round I plant to grow and flower at 3 ft
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ice is looking wonderful.. My plant leaned on the sativa side a bit, but the buds are very dense, and crystal coated.. This one looks, and smells very potent.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Next is the northern lights.. A bit sativa dom which I thought was a bit unusual for northern lights.. at any rate it looks like some great smoke.. Nice long white hairs, and the trichomes are very long stalked.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sadhu my little 15 inches of heaven.. DENSE nuggets on this lady.. The last and laying the shoots down got me many smaller coated nuggets.. Perfect for my head stash.. looks vewry dank too.. Just how I like them
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My local clone nicknamed Lemon head for her taste is doing good.. She has MANY growth shoots, and they are really coming along nicely.. I thought because there were so many they would be smaller yeilding, but that is not the case.. [​IMG]

overall closet pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. I also wanted to give a little update on my clones.. They are doing fantastic. Some already have been topped, and then those shoots topped again. The ones that take the tops the best wil be held back as mothers, and the others will be flowered out in the next round.

The next round I\'m going to be running fewer plants, but will be growing them to larger sizes maximizing my grow space..

Right now the clones are in a small veg closet with 4- 30-35watt cfls. They are just recieved their first light dose of Pure Blend Pro this week.

[​IMG]

The first plant is actually a PPP (Pure Power Plant from Nirvava) I started from seed. I really wanted a 3rd strain in my next round, so I planted 1 seed as I\'m a gambling man.. Come on Female!! This plant is growing very nicely.. I already topped the plant, and also started topping inner growth shoots.
    [​IMG]
    Ok next few plants are all clones.. mostly Either Northern lights or ICE, but the first picture is of my pink haired dp x skunk clone momma... I do have hashberry clone but it was not photographed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Next plant is a good example of a FIM cut.. If you look it has 3-4 top growth shoots.. EXCELLENT:metal:
    [​IMG]
    Nice top cut on this clone
    [​IMG]

13. WOW man, Your doing an excellent job on your grow. I just can wait to see the next update.
    :D

14. looking fantastic :) the PPP is a fucking beauty... i need to get me some of that strain :) looking great.. i wanna know how much bud u get from the whole thing... hopefully a lot ;)

15. Just wanted to update that I took a tester bud off the local clone called \"lemon head\". It smells straight lemony-skunky, and is quite yummy. This is my second run with her, and it\'ll be the last as I\'ll be culling her out of my stock.. This plant has everything.. great taste, good growth, good quality, but the problem is this plant will develope lone male flowers inside a female calyx. On rare occasion you can see the banana as the developing hairs push them out of the calyx. Not many like a hermie would have, dumping pollen and seeding up everything in site, but only say 1-3 seeds per bud, and it seems only to effect the calyx in which the male flower formed, and no other plants get seeded.. Very strange, but none the less a characteristic I do not appreciate LOL... So bye bye lemon head..... This plant has about another 10-14 days, and it will be fully harvested, but for right now I got a good pic or two of my tester bud

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. LOOKING NICE!!!! plus rep on the grow man kick ass nugs you got there!! ima be growing some northern lights and i was wondering if you knew how many weeks of flower they usually have and any other tips as well.. GROW ON!

17. I actually only have 1 plant going, and it looks to be a pretty sativa dominate plant. From what I understood Norethern lights is mostly indica, so going by my 1 plant may not be accurate for the majority. I\'m thinking mine will go 60 days.. I actually don\'t keep track of time for the most part.. I mean I know when I started flowering, and I know about when to start the flush, but as far as harvesting I go by the color of the trichomes..

18. I want to be just like you when I grow up :p Anyway great grow, you have really inspired me!

19. Hey Postman, my buddy and I are starting to plan our next grow and we\'re deciding on what seeds to buy. I\'m stuck on Hashberry simply b/c of you and your beautiful pictures. He on the other hand is liking Northern Lights, not really sure why though. To me NL just seems like a typical strain of weed, or am I wrong and it\'s pretty dank? Anyways, I think we might try to do SCROG and was wondering if the growth rate of the two strains is pretty identical. I looked through your grow and they look to be on par with each other, but I\'d rather hear it from you. Thanks a lot man and good growing:smoking:

20. What techniques are you using?

Are you topping, LST\'ing or anything?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.