Moving to Vancouver

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Floyd Pepper, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Hello. I am currently a freshmen in college in the state of Iowa (USA).

I am considering going there to study abroad and perhaps live there after I graduate. I am currently studying philosophy and am thinking of also getting the requirements to become a teacher.

Living somewhere like Canada has been on my mind since I was a child.

I love Vancouvers music scene (alot of great indie stuff and indie bands stop on tour there alot, I've been a fan of the local band gob since I was like 11).

I'm also a dedicated hunter and fisherman, and BC is legendary in those areas. I love the outdoors and the scenery sounds beautiful.

I wanted to ask also what the bud scene is like. I've heard some people say that it's amazing. But I want GCs opinion.

Also remember that bud is not by any means going to be my deciding factor. The other reasons mentioned earlier as well as some others also attract me to it.

So blades, should I stay and maybe live in Vancouver?

2. if you don't mind cold winters, do it up.
    asking if BC bud is good in Canada is kind of like asking if Cali bud is good in the States
    i live in Canada but not BC unfortunately. i have a few friends in BC though and they always rave about their bud and some of the better bud i've had was claimed to be from BC. but talk is talk.

3. vancouver has some of the best bud in the world, and the most playmates come from vancouver.

4. I've been around North America a bit and BC is hands down the most beautiful place I've ever been. It doesn't get THAT cold (for Canada) and in Stanley Park (Victoria just up the Street from Vancouver) you'll see crocus's blooming in late Jan/Feb... I'd say its more mild but definitely rainy (if your on the left side of the mountains (west).
    I'm from Toronto BTW and we joke that all our fruits and nuts went west too....lol

5. Haha I've always heard BC bud is good. I'm just wondering if anyone disagrees or thinks it's too hyped. Also I've heard head shops are all over the plAce and that it's one of the most stoner friendly cities in the world. Just wondering islf that's talk as well.

And no, cold winters don't bother me in the slightest, I've lived in Iowa and Minnesota for most of my life, so I've dealt with some pretty intense winters. Nothing like in Canada I'm sure, but I know what it's like to be cold.

6. I live just outside of BC and also have family throughout BC, both in Vancouver and on the island.

Honestly I'm not sure what the climate is like where you are from, but I can definitely tell you that if you do not like rain, then to stay out. It rains everyday, all winter and half of the summer haha. (Don't quote me on this, it's just from the complaints I've heard and the time I've spent there).

One thing I've noticed more in Vancouver then around here, and especially on Vancouver Island as well as around Kelowna is that no one cares about where they smoke. You walk around and smell weed absolutely everywhere. I havn't ever needed to find a hook up since I am only in the area with people I know, but I can't imagine it being hard at all.

When I'm in BC I'm on vacation so luckily I can comment on the fishing/scenery since that is what I am there to do! The scenery all over BC is amazing, you've heard correctly and I'm sure you already know about the amazing salmon fishing. That's some of the most fun I've ever had in my life. I havn't been lucky enough to go hunting yet, hopefully someday.

Have you looked into any schools? That might impact where you would live haha.

Anyways, as everyone's going to tell you, even if they havn't experienced it firsthand is that BC's (and especially Vancouver Island or Nelson area) the bud is going to be some of the best in the world.

Basically, I would strongly reccomend moving to BC, it's a great place.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me, I have been through all of BC, even if not spending very much time in some places. I'm also currently a student and have hometown friends plus family in a few post secondary institutions there.

7. i just posted something about this,

im also a freshman and am deff gunna move when i gradute.

as for the bud scene...

picture this,

about a half Oz of the dankest dank youve ever layed eyes on,

for maybe 100-140.

VANCOUVER FTW!

8. Thanks for all the great advice. I definitely think I'm gonna do it.

And man if you move there 2 we definitely gotta sesh together.

9. there is nothing to think about GO TO VAN CITY

10. Try 70-100 haha.

It also is the warmest area of Canada.

Head shops don't quite have as nice glass as the ones in the states that I see, from my experience anyways.

11. Do it, you wont regret it. As someone already said weed is cheap and awesome. The weather is actually not that cold, the coldest it usually gets in the dead of winter is around -5 celcius but it fluctuates from year to year. Sometimes it doesnt snow at all and doesn't drop below zero, other times, like last year, it gets down to -15 celcius and snows A LOT. Summer can get very warm, usually around 30 degrees celcius. The best part is just the beauty of the entire landscape.

12. i wouldn't mind moving to Canada...

i love the sunsets and watch it almost every day here in KS. big sky country man, we get pinks and purples that melt with oranges and blues...some dope shit. :) :smoking:

13. The cold and winter are friends to me. On those wonderful days I'm sitting in the woods with my blackpowder. People who don't hunt, you'll never understand, even if I don't see anything I'm hunting for I've seen so many others. It's so zen, alone by yourself in the woods for 12 hours. Rewarding myself with a bowl once I've gotten back to my car (I would never hunt while under the influence on any substance, that's extremely stupid, i've called trips off when i've found out people are drinking before they head out).

Also I dunno about the duck hunting scene in BC. I know it's world class in other parts of Canada though.

The Salmon (as well as many other species of fish) fishing is second to none.

And yes, BC bud makes my mouth water.

Also apparently you can see beautiful mountains all outside the city.

I'm going to do it, years from now you'll see this thread bumped up with me saying, IM IN VANCOUVER!!

If you want you all can turn this into a canada rocks thread.

14. BC is beautiful, you will love Canada !

15. BC Bud is that good. It's the best stuff, hands down. I know a lot of people who won't smoke anything else. I'm not that picky, but it's what I smoke about 90% of the time.

16. yo guys im from vancouver and its fuckin great here. The Bud is the shit. Easy to find a dealer too :D.