Moving to The United States

Discussion in 'General' started by Mein Aufschnitt, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Oregon was a wonderful choice my friend. Hope your experiences in the state are wonderful.
    Best,
    KillerKush

2. why Oregon man?

come to the Bay and experience some diversity

3. Yeah, too bad we can't be more like North Korea. Those fuckers get to do whatever they want. Oh, and Samalia really has it going on right now, they're living it up. I'm jealous of Cuba. Burma also seems nice. I don't know, I could go on for days.

The US IS one of the more "free" countries. We have issues and our government is suppressive in ways, no denying that. But the most controlled society? lolz

4. I wanna move to the U.S is it easy to get a visa etc

5. Dude have you not read what's happening in the US? Moving to the US right now is the dumbest decision you could do. It's the dumbest decision anyone can do. The economy is going to the shitter, and is going to tank. They have a huge debt, and they are cutting their social services programs, and will most likely heavily increase the tax rate for the average citizen (yes that means you.) Why would you even want to move? England isn't a bad place. Heck it's in a lot better shape then the US is right now. If your going to move to North America, move to Canada.

6. #27 dawnofwar, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2011
    Smart man! Vancouver is the nicest city on Earth (well one of them.) The bud is killer and cheap. Awesome places to go hiking and travelling. The Okanagan is exceptionally beautiful.

7. really?! I thought it was hard, I just wanna move to cali and smoke some quality bud. I picked up a rugby injury and would qualify for the medicinal program for my muscle spasms

8. #29 dawnofwar, Aug 3, 2011
    Dude have you not read my post?
    Have you not even read the newspaper?
    Do you not know what the US is going through?
    I can't tell you how many posts I've read of blades wanting to leave the states. Moving to the states AT THIS TIME is the stupidest decision you could make. It is the dumbest decision. Any other time I would say go for it, but now? You don't even live in a bad country bro. You would lose alot of money moving to the states. I don't even see why you would want to leave england. Your not going through HUGE economic problems like the US is. Your economy isn't going down the shitter.

9. i actually thought you were being serious until i realized you were being sarcastic haha -- yeah north korea is no joke. they can't do SHIT without the government trying to be all up in their business and killing them for petty shit.

my grandpa is actually from north korea and was able to escape to the south during the korean war. him and his brother were in a hideout and my grandpa was pretty sick and couldn't stop coughing -- so his brother went out and surrendered himself to the soldiers so that my grandpa could get away. :(

10. USA is soooo 1776

11. Damn dude, that's crazy. That was sick of his brother to just come out like that to give your grandfather an opportunity though. Do you know what became of your granddad's brother?

No matter how bad America is right now, you've got to be grateful to live somewhere that you don't need to worry about shit like that.

12. #33 JuanRing, Aug 3, 2011

What exactly makes ya think that Canada would be any better? Not dissing Canada, I live here and fucking love it, but its crazy to think that the States could go down and Canada would just be a safe haven.:smoke:

20% of our entire economy is selling raw materials and resources to theirs, so yeah...:D

13. Isn't it obvious?
    We aren't in $14.2+ trillion debt. We aren't involved in 3 needless wars that are constantly draining your money and increasing your debt. Dude if the US goes down obviously Canada will be effected, but we won't be in the shitter. Your country will be bathing in pounds of shit, Canada will be bathing in many half a pound more of shit.
    Yea your selling 20% but it's not doing anything to get you out of debt.
    In other words, your economy is crashing. Canada's will suffer when it does, but atleast we'll still have a working and stable economy.

14. as soon as he came out -- they shot him on the spot. they like to hang "traitors" bodies in the town as a warning for others to try to not escape.

15. Goddamn o.o

16. Watch the language.
    I thought about reporting the post as name calling, but I try not to be a "dickhead".

You can move to the US if you'd like, no one is stopping you, and I hope your gran does better and recovers!

But just be ready for this Nazi police state to get worse if you move here. People don't think it's bad, but with all the bills being passed to "strengthen security" through fear and lowering requirements to become police officers (some places, a simple 5 question oral questioning is ALL required)... people don't want to think that this great, grand-old country of the United States is the FOURTH FUCKING REICH.

Either way, good vibes... just don't get so angry at fellow blades, take your anger out at the British government, the American governenment, and to any established order that doesn't care about you or your family's rights to a free and healthy life!

17. For fucks sake people. Yeah, America has some fucking problems, but every country does. We'll get them sorted out one way or another. The guy already knew the inherit risks of moving to such a country, stop ramming it down his throat and go back to abovetopsecret with that shit

18. #39 mushroomsatsuji, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Don't worry. I did it for you

19. I killed your high? That's pathetic man. All I did was tell you how the world (in this case the US,) really is at the moment. If you want to live your life believing that everything is dandy there then be my guest. If you don't realize now, you will in a few months. unemployment among 16-24 year olds? Tell me the amount of those that can actually contribute something to the world other then flipping burgers. And unless they are in University and have a job working for the University (IE lab technician, helping out proffs,) they aren't really contributing shit. I'm not American bro, I'm Canadian. Also no need to pull out the harsh name calling words because I'm telling you how America really is. I"m aware that England has some debt problems of their own, but they are actually DOING SOMETHING about it. They are raising taxes instead of being hard asses like the republicans and refusing to raise taxes. Why move from one country with debt problem to a country with even worse debt problems and a country that's doing jack shit about it.
    Best of luck to your grandma.