Moving to Los Angeles?

Discussion in 'General' started by Quri, Jun 12, 2018.

1. I am going to move to LA and just wondering what is life like for someone having just moved to Los Angeles?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Expensive

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Cars, cars, cars, and more cars.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Seriously though it really is a good place to live. Everything you could want within pretty easy reach. This time of year you can go snow skiing in the mountains in the morning and water skiing in the ocean in the afternoon. Oh yeah...pot's legal too!

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. #5 Zili, Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    Los Angeles is really nice place to live. Just like every city, it has pros and cons. All la movers have to know that the traffic is fine just as long as you have flexible work hours and you know how to avoid rush hours. Anyway, I love living in LA, it's a great city.

• Like Like x 1
  6. If you have money it’s the place to be, I’m 2 hours south of LA and it’s hot as hell

• Like Like x 2
  7. It's like rain on your wedding day.
    It's a free ride when you already paid.
    It's like good advice that you just didn't take.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Its like expensive and crowded and, most the people who live there wish they weren't.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Expensive, smog choked, and traffic.

Great sights as you're passin' through towards Barstow.:coolalt:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Beach life is best life here in LA.
    :rave-girl:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Exactly where in LA ? I live there for ten years it’s not all that cracked up to be especially if you don’t have money. They are barely making down town LA clean .... the metro system sucks ass it really doesn’t take you any where. The traffic is horrible never get on the 405 or 91 ( born and raised in SoCal ) I have been on the 405 maybe less than 10 times.

Pros of LA is the culture and food. I live in IE now and the food and people I miss. But that is it.

12. İ think CA has a lot more to offer than LA bit go for it.

13. To repeat everyone else, it's expensive. I'm glad I spent some time there, but if you're not there for any particular reason there are a lot of places that are probably easier to deal with and more fun to be in.

14. Town of Broken Hearts

many have gone

many have returned

but few make it

good luck

15. - expensive (as mentioned before)
    - expect to see alot of homeless and drugies on the street
    - 90% of the population want to be actors or an artist (music)
    - you'll encounter alot of fake people who will just use you to further themselves.

16. I was born in Los Angeles and have lived her for 2/3rds of my life.

Here's what I can tell you:

Don't move to Los Angeles.

We're overcrowded. There's too many cars on the road. There's no enough housing to go around and landlords are greedy fucks.

The job market is saturated though jobs are available, your starting pay won't be enough to survive.

The upside is, you can walk into dozens of shops and buy legal marijuana.
    We have the beach, the mountains, culture, movies, theater, world class art museums, fine looking women, great universities, etc. There's always something to do.

But seriously, don't move here.

Here's one reason, I live 20 miles from my work. It takes at least 1 hour to get there in the morning, and between 90 minutes and 2 hours to get home. Once about six weeks ago it took, I kid you not, 4.5 hours to get home.

• Like Like x 1