Moving To Denver - Advice?

Discussion in 'General' started by primer, May 29, 2014.

1. Hey guys, I'm almost done with my time here in Virginia - 6 months until I've got enough saved up. My family lives really close to Denver (but not so close as to where they'd be in my hair) so I've decided to move to Denver for my final move until I finish my last 3 years of college.

I was wondering if any of you lived in the area, or liked a certain town better than others? I'm looking heavily into Arvada and Wheat Ridge, not wanting to pay rent much higher than 800/month. All my other friends that live there live IN the city and pay buckoo bucks for their apartments/homes.

Was just wanting to put the feelers out there.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Think I accidentally double posted... .-.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Stay far FAR away from Arvada.

You want to be near the city. There is a ton of energy downtown these days and you can easily access it on your bike or with public transportation.

Try Lakewood if you have to be outside the city. The W line light rail is a fast way to get downtown.

City park area, uptown, cheeseman park are nice areas for a single person.

Expect at your price to get a studio or 1br.

Location is key.

4. #4 alwaysamilehigh, Jun 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2014
    i have a studio thats about 450 sq ft near broadway/speer and i pay 650 a month with parking and water included... the only other apartment i looked at was a 1 bedroom 550 sqft at 5th and washington for 700 a month. honestly you're going to pay in that range no matter where you live. i would recommend either living close to the cherry creek trail or platte river trail (thats not what its called but they have the same type of thing along the platte river) if you plan on working downtown (riding your bike on the trail is faster than driving because of traffic)..... or living close to a light rail station otherwise... the same jobs drug test (for weed) here as they do everywhere else but more frequently... i dont really want to move but if i did it all over again i would probably live in lakewood or golden close to U.S. 6 west of wadsworth (the area off of federal is pretty ghetto from evans all the way up past colfax). anything east of I25 is fine though except for the northeast denver/northwest aurora area... welcome to denver and i hope you like it here. one of the first things youll notice is about 80% of the people that live in Denver moved here from another state at some point in their life.

the same jobs that drug test for weed in other states will test for it here but more frequently btw but if you have a good job you wont have to worry about that. i would move in with your family for a month or two to get on your feet here though. if i had that option available to me i would have taken it.

5. You will be in Colorado. I'm jelly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. If you meet some 20 year old kid named Josh and he offers to sell you weed at a discount price, DON'T LISTEN TO HIM. I gave him $700 for weed once and he gives me a huge bag that I thought was weed, but it turned out to be a bag of leaves, grass, and weed stems. He lives in the mountains so be careful when traveling. He will follow you and won't stop until you give him money. He looks hispanic but I think he's actually asain and he smells like McDonalds french fries. Be careful out there! He will sneak up on you out of no where!

• Like Like x 1
  7. why the fuck would you give $700 to a stranger and not check to see whether it is even weed? you can buy weed off of craigslist and it wouldn't be as sketchy as that.

op spend the $100 and get your red card. the money you will save in taxes will pay for all the fees. recreational weed is ridiculously overpriced. i was paying less from drug dealers during total prohibition.

8. Chill out, man. It was just a harmless joke. Nobody would ever be brain dead enough to give $700 to a stranger. I just felt like messing with the OP.

9. @[member="MunchiesMan78"]

I have countless friends in CO, wouldn't imagine that ever happening to anyone, anyway lol

Lakewood, got it

10. #10 Cloudz, Jun 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2014
    I love that place sooo much....especially the summer out there. Boulder and Denver are gonna be expensive....any town thats pretty much know out there will be.

My dad moved like 10 times in 15 years up there and one of the best spots I remember was a town called "Lafayette, Colorado"

Its atleast worth a shot..... check it out..from what I remember it was about 15min away from Denver and then 15 minutes away from Boulder. Plenty of fun stuff to do....awesome dog park too lol

Good luck!

Edit: "Louisville, Colorado" was another good spot.

11. Hahaha good! When you're in Denver, you can't chill by yourself. Smoking with friends is 10 times better than smoking by yourself in my opinion. Have a good time up there!