moving to co, need info please

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by SupaDupaHigh, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Hey guys, I didn't know what the right place for this thread was, so sorry if I put this in the wrong section

So my family and I are moving to Ft. Collins next year and I feel like I could use a rundown on the laws. We all would qualify for medical cards, and I was wondering what the requirements are to even apply for one and actually recieve it.

I also have been reading, and it seems my family and I may not even need a medical card immediately to purchase anything. I am pretty hesitant to openly search the topic since I don't live in a legal state at the moment, but from what I can gather, while we wait on our doctor's recommendations and cards to be issued, it seems like I can just buy flower and extracts, but on the flip side, I've heard its simply decriminalized and you won't be able to buy legally, but its ok to have and consume > 1oz in private? Of course this all may change by summer 2014, but a general runthrough would he appreciated

Thanks

2. Ft. Collins has banned dispensaries. That said, a short drive and your in business if you have a card. It is currently legal to posess MJ in Co. It is not available for sale without a card. A simple visit to Craigslist takes care of that issue...once you have it I believe 2 oz or less for residents... is legal. Searching for information in a non legal state is not illegal. Search away, educate yourself on the law as well as local ordinances. 

3. Dispensaries are back in Ft. Collins. btw :yummy:

4. Wow, buylow... I did'nt know that. How did that happen? was the ordinance appealed, or did the town have another election?

5. I remember they talked all about this on that show about medical marijuana in colorado, I dont remember the name. I think the season finale was them passing the ban. Im glad they are back!

6.  Ummm yeah - so instead, you decide to tell the world what you're going to do on weed site?  Good grief man.

7. Yea, that's why growers post their gardens. With the servers being overseas those of us here in the states are further cloaked by anonymity..
    Smart ass..

8. Are these growers also afraid to look up a state law online?  I don't think so.
    Smart ass.

9. Yeah, back in November it was voted back in.
    Retail shops apparently won't open til at least March. (don't quote me on that lol)

10. There's currently four dispensaries open in Fort Collins, with several more waiting for their licenses to be approved.

As others have said, it's currently legal to possess less than two ounces of MJ (less than 1 ounce for non residents), but recreational sales will not be available until 2014. Most cities look like they are banning recreational sales.

Colorado Registry home page:

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/CDPHE-CHEIS/CBON/1251593016680

Colorado Medical MJ Forms:

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite?c=Page&childpagename=CDPHE-CHEIS%2FCBONLayout&cid=1251593017005&pagename=CBONWrapper

For Qualifying condition for  a Medical Application see:

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite?blobcol=urldata&blobheadername1=Content-Disposition&blobheadername2=Content-Type&blobheadervalue1=inline%3B+filename%3D%22Debilitating+Medical+Conditions.pdf%22&blobheadervalue2=application%2Fpdf&blobkey=id&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhere=1251807308855&ssbinary=true

Hope this helps some.

11. #11 Tree Burner, Aug 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2013

From what I've read I think you are correct as far as buying while waiting on your card to go through....not 100%.

It's not just decriminalized.....it's straight up legal for recreational use. You can possess up to an ounce on you legally. You cannot smoke in public. You can also grow for recreational use....you'd have to look up the limit as I'm not sure. If you grow more than an ounce your good, just don't carry more than an ounce on you.  By 2014, there should be shops up and running Colorado selling bud to anyone over 21.

It's 1 ounce regardless of residential status. It's on the amendment 64 code on the Colorado state site.

They are trying to ban the shops. I'm pretty sure they cannot tell you not to grow/smoke for recreational in your house. That shit wouldn't fly, we(the majority) voted to legalize it.

12. You are allowed 3 in flower, 3 in Veggie state in Co.

13. #13 bob barker, Aug 26, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
    Dont be scared to search for information or the gov. really has you by the balls.

Without a card you are allowed 3 flowering and 3 veg with 1 usable ounce.

With a card you are allowed the same but 2 usable ounces. You can get a doctors recommendation for a plant count increase plus more usable on hand. The day you have your doctors visit you can buy with your temporary paper work at a dispensary Monday-Friday.

As of now there are some loop hole ways do buy without a card which you can search on how to do if your interested. By the time you get here I would hope the have recreation sales in place.

As a red card holder with my renew date coming up. I'm not sure if I'm going to renew or not.

14. #14 Tree Burner, Aug 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2013

Actually, you can keep ALL of your grow even if it's over an ounce as long as it stays there. It's clearly stated on the amendment 64 document on the states site.

15. Sweet, thanks for clarifying  that for me. It never made sense in my head that you could flower 3 plants and only have 1 ounce, but I thought that was the law. Thanks again.

Ya man, no problem. I tried to paste the section but it won't paste right since it's in .pdf format. Here is the link if you want to read it....Amendment 64.

17. Yeah, 64 cleared up that little problem of big harvests. :) :hello:

you should renew it, I believe you'll get a medical discount making it a lil cheaper for you?? heard this somewhere dont quote me tho :p

19. #19 Tree Burner, Aug 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2013

It's taxed. It will probably be higher. When I was in Colorado I was paying less than dispensaries were charging. It would have been nice to have the selection of concentrates/edibles though.....

20. I have decided to keep my red card here in CO for at least the next year, maybe even a few years until somethings shake out on the recreational side.