Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Moving to Cali

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Berry, Sep 17, 2009.

1. I might be moving to Cali, next summer and I had a question. I know you have to be a California resident to get your mmj card and use the dispensaries, so does that mean I'll have to wait a whole year after I move there before I qualify for residency to get my mmj card, or because I'm living there can I qualify?

2. Its my understanding that in California (and anywhere else for that matter) you must hold a permanent address, i.e. live there, for a specific amount of time before you are considered a resident. I do believe that it is one year for Cali.

3. bess find yourself a dealer for a year

4. As long as you have a state issued ID card, either a Driver License or a California ID card, you can get a recommendation.

5. What if you live with someone who has a card? He wouldn't need a dealer then.

6. This. It's true that you have to be a resident, but the only proof that anyone will ask for is a California ID or drivers license, which you can get pretty much as soon as you have a California address.

7. Does Cali accept other state's MMJ cards? If they do, he/you could just get a card in your state now (supposing your state's got MMJ) and use that until you can get one in Cali.

8. If the MMJ patient diverts his meds to a non-patient, that's illegal, and we don't discuss illegal activities in the MMJ forum.

No, California does not accept other state's MMJ cards. Montana and, damn there's one other state that does, but not California.

9. Cool, I wasn't aware you could get a Cali Driver's License so quickly. If I can then I should be fine, because the way people usually verify that you are a state resident is by checking your driver's license.

I don't need an mmj card either right, just a recommendation from a doc, and my drivers license right or has it changed?

10. Drivers license + bullshit excuse or legit = 1 year mmj prescription. ez peezy

11. Yep, that's all you need.