Moving Plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by logicbomb, Jan 4, 2010.

1. So I'm thinking about starting up a grow in the next few days. Only issue is that me and my roommate's lease is up in mid-february, giving me about 7-8 weeks from today. I plan on growing SOG but things might take a while longer so my question is has anyone ever moved plants from one growroom to another? Is this an instant deathwish for my soon to be plants? Like I said it would be in about 7-8 weeks, so they would be relatively mature fully budded plants.

I was thinking about packing them (planning on growing 4) into large rubbermaid containers and transporting them on their light cycle. The drive would be about 15-20 minutes...only problem is that with the lids they'd have darkness...should I somehow rig some lights in there? Or is this just a sure way to kill my plants? Any help?

2. You definitely need more time. Driving around with plants is very risky, and the packing and moving probably will harm the plants. Don't do it.

Just growing in an apartment is risky. My advice is to re-think your plan and don't grow until you are in a more secure situation.

3. 15 to 20 mins of darkness wont kill your plants, they will be fine.

You might risk getting a hermie if you constantly mess with the light schedule, but 15 - 20 mins of darkness once while you move it wont kill it.

its a weed after all, they are more resilient than that. :)

4. Thanks for heads up. Had my doubts about growing, but I have a walkin closet in my bedroom and since our complex has about 50 apartments we never see landlords (even when we need them). I'm also in Denver and plan on getting a caretaker permit for my buddy with a medical card rather soon so what I'll be doing is legal anyway (at least according to city and state laws).

5. Honestly, people get a little too into this growing stuff and forget to realize that this plant has survived on its own for over 5,000 years. A couple minutes in the dark will not kill your plant, plus if you start now you can begin flowering in your new place and it won't be that obvious you are growing, as it will smell from the beginning :D. You can go ahead and start, but take care during the transportation, i would get a van or pickup with a camper shell or even the backseat of a car on the floor with a garbage bag over it.