Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Moving out to smoke weed

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by tawmsoyer, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Have any of you moved out of your parents' house for the sole reason (or at least a major reason among several) to smoke weed? It's been like a year and a half since getting caught and there is no hope in educating my parents. I haven't smoked since last 420 because thats the last day getting caught and it was real bad. I haven't smoked since and my parents kind of eased up (no more drug or breath tests) and things are alright but I miss smoking and I hate how much my lifestyle has changed. I used to hang out after school and smoke and even if I didnt smoke I'd still be able to hang after school. Now I gotta go straight home everyday and if i do want to hang out i gotta call like every half hour and last time my mom called she was all crying because she was worried i was high or something. I tried educating mom but all she would do is cut me off mid sentence and say "I know enough" (perfect example of ignorance). I tried talking to my dad who isn't completely uneducated (he knows weed isn't heroin unlike my mother) about how it helped my depression and lack of appetite but he says that its no excuse to get high and that there are better medications out there.
    Sorry for the long rant, anyways...

Tl;dr
    Have any of you moved out of your parents' house for the sole reason (or at least a major reason among several) to smoke weed? Moving out seems to be the most common response in all the "I got caught" threads

2. anyone? I know it's a stupid question but at least entertain a blade haha

3. no, but that's the adult thing to do if your parents don't want it in their house & i commend you for it

4. I moved out of my house and went all the way to Atlanta by myself because of similar issues with the parental units. At first i used to smoke (bongs only) in my bathroom. Never got caught in the act but had several "i smell weed" searches and emotional blowouts with my mom. Her mom used to grow and smoke weed all the time which somehow terrified my mom into believing mj is satan. My dad is a cardiovascular surgion with a strict outlook on ANY mind altering substances including anesthesia. All that being said lol, during my final months at the house i stopped smoking inside because i didnt want them to stress. I am a computer science major and was taking 18 credit hours, working 40+ hours at my job, and running a shoe restoration business from my bedroom. I came home from work after a session of some funky skunky. Apparently my pill bottle stash had a tiny crack which had my ENTIRE room smelling like a pound. My mom wakes me up for work at 5am saying "where is it?" Starts searching for weed lol I'm confused because i didn't smoke and i couldn't smell it. Well long story a little shorter.. i come from work and my dad is sitting in the theater and says "you clearly are an addict. You have a problem." He then shows me that my mattress stash (from freaking 10th grade) was discovered. A few lighters, blunt wrappers, and a pill bottle. They tried treating me like sh*t calling me Kunta to take out trash etc.. i said eff it, i was 19 with my owm money and moved from md to ga with my girl.. 10 months later, Im loving the independence and making major moves for myself. Oh yeah, and smoking allll i want!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Damn sorry to hear about the way your parents were but sounds like you're doing great now. Nice story!

6. When I decided it was time to quit mooching their food, electricity, water/sewer, garbage, taxes etc. it was because I wanted to be self-reliant.

With self-reliance comes the ability to be as stupid or smart as you want. And you can smoke as much as you want in your underwear while barking like a dog at three in the morning. I leave the lights on to let the neighbors enjoy my fuckery.

Can't beat that shit.

7. Man cant believe ppl can hate weed enough for this kind shit to have to happen,

i blame the government and their bullshit agenda.

8. I know man. Fuck the government.

9. Your dad is right, you're clearly an addict.

Seek help.

10. My parents were actually cool with it so I be hotboxing my room whenever i want lol

11. Aye I live in Georgia also!

12. I am currently 17 and about 3 weeks ago, I moved out for two reasons. 1) Couldn't stand my parents. 2) Smoke weed. I had started smoking in the 7th grade and got caught my first time blazing. I personally didn't get caught but my friend got caught and confessed to his parents he smoked weed and his parents told mine. After that I was sober until my freshman year in high school. I had made a few lesbian friends who were going to lunch with upperclassmen. I asked if I could come and they said they would ask and I was allowed to enter their "puff bus" of a car they had. We smoked about every day for a week and I would come back to school and not do a thing. My parents could check my grades online and were a little curious why I was failing two classes. They drug tested me and realized I had been smoking pot at lunch. My dad calls weed dope and says I have been doing dope and it drives me crazy. He always tries to throw in comments when we talk about how I'm a stoner. My parents sent me to a boys home where I was there 15 months and then went to military school after getting found out again after finishing from the boys home. I graduated from military school about 5 months ago. For about 4 months after graduating, my parents realized I had been smoking again. My excuse is that I am 17 and I'm going to act like a 17 year old. (He smoked weed a lot when he was my age) He is 100% against it thinking that I would end up like him homeless without a job rock bottom and all that but alcohol is what got him there; not weed. I do not drink. I was employed at target before I got kicked out/moved out. I showed up to work one day and they decided to let me go because I was a seasonal cashier hired just for the summer and college has started again. I graduated high school and am going to enlist national guard for financial support with college. After I told my parents I lost my job they were done. They were going to give me a drug test and if I failed they were going to kick me out. I told them that I was going to fail and asked if I could just leave. They told me to seep on it so I did and the next day I sat down with my dad and we discussed me moving out and what my plan is. He gave me permission and said it was fine for me to leave so I had one of my smoking friends give me a ride and I took a weeks worth of clothes. I am currently in the middle of all this working construction with my friends neighbor while sleeping in the guest room of my friends house. Saving up for an appt. and a car. Sorry for the long story. Hope it was entertaining.

13. move out if you have the cash to do it. no point in being controlled if you don't have to be. youre definitely on the right track though. gotta respect the parents and wait till you move out to smoke if thats the way they run the house.

14. Sounds like you are doing quite well.

15. Nope, my parents are absolutely sound about it all. Probably helped by the fact my 3 older brothers all smoked weed (and worse) and also they were, particularly my Dad, both massive potheads in there 20's. Anyone whose parents grew up in the late 70's and 80's shouldn't have a problem smoking weed at home ha

16. Sorry bro, here's my only thing. Even if your rents are being gay about you smoking just deal with it a little bit longer. You have your WHOLE LIFE to live on your own and smoke weed