Moving into new house

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TwistedPuppy, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Hey everyone. Will be renting a house soon and looking to make a room with 10 vegging and one with 10 flowering plants. I am willing to invest quite a bit of change into this. Wondering what the deal is with the electricity bill... At what point should I be concerned about electricity consumption? Will 20 plants be fine? Possibly will expand the size later too.

I've searched this and most people say pay your bill and you will be fine, but since I will be renting will it not be noticed that my bill is way higher than the last tenants? Am I better off looking into alternative ways of providing energy to my grow?

Thanks,

Mr. Paranoia

2. I want to know too!

3. You could get away with 2 1000w lights it'd be like a couple high end computers or a hdtv, alot of stuff runs 500w-1000w

4. Thanks for the reply. For arguments sake, would 4 1000w lights be sketch?

5. I think if you kept up on your electric bill you'd be alright but I'm not positive, most I've ran is two

6. Honestly as long as when you move in your electric bill is always paid try won't tend to bother you. It's web electricity is spliced or stolen that the energy company says something. Heat will be your biggest enemy honestly those HPS lights put of some heat man. Personally I choose to grow led to save power and energy.

7. Not too worried about heat, in a decently lenient city in Canada where busts for marijuana/hash alone are extremely rare, every bust includes pills and what not. However I won't be careless and will do the best job I can to ventilate. Sort of contradicting myself but more concerned for the electric thing than the helicocksuckers flying over. Just trying to get an idea of what would be considered borderline rediculous energy consumption.

8. If u run 4 lights u will most likely need a/c n good ventilation which adds up to ur electricity, but as long as u pay, you should be fine