Moving into an apartment complex and want to grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stainer712, Mar 30, 2007.

1. I'm moving into an apartment complex with three other roommates who generally do not like marijuana and who probably won't like the fact that someone is growing some in their room, as I plan to do. Anyway, i'm planning on growing just enough MJ inside to satisfy my needs and thus just need a small and efficient setup. I've read about CFL's and am confused as to what exact lighting i should use. I'm in America, so a normal 100 wat bulb should equal 26 cfl wats, correct? I'm planning on just buying some office table lamps and surrounding the growing area with two to three of them. Will the lamps constantly being on add a significant amount to the electric bill that might alarm some of my roommates? How many plants should i upkeep to fulfill only my own habits?

2. you mean ***SOUTH!!!*** america right? the USA is illegal to grow in. ;)

3. Yea, but who is going to find out i'm growing pot?

4. few things. If your roommates are do gooders dont even start cause it will all come back in the end to fuck you in the ass with the law. If i were you i would start 4 plants in your closest and just keep 2 females. As far as lighting goes. I know others will tell you go hps but a nice stealthy way to grow are with floresent lights. Just go to target or somthing and buy a 2 ft long ballist with 2 40 watt light bulbs. Set those about 2 inches from the little plant and it should be fine. The reason i would say go that way is because they make no noise. you wont see any change on your elec bill plus they give off next to any heat. Its really all up to you on how much of a risk you wanna take

5. I really want to take no risk and don't want them finding out i'm growing pot. I'll keep a lock on the door to the closet. :) I also don't want to risk fires, so fluroescents might be the way to go. Hopefully the smell won't permeate through the closet door.

6. I think you need to do some reading before you start. Check the Grow Guides out.

7. first, i'd say...if your roomies are ok with it..dont do it..it will come to fuck you over..

a person i know...got busted with a roach..big trouble now..just because she showed her friend...a stash can...no actual mj..and it led to a search..cause she ran to the cops....and now shes in shit...

if they arent ok with it.....dont do it..

its gonna be worse if you hide it and they find out..than if they know.....

serioslly..its not worth it..

8. Mutually incompatible. If you try to grow with other people around, especially people who don't like MJ, then you are taking considerable risk.

9. get some different roommates, if these arent cool with weed, then your making a mix with disaster,

be patient, your time will come to grow your own, now aint it, with one uncool person in the mix is one to many. allthough i know the itch. you wont to grow so bad,,,,,,,, just wait, its the best advice you can take....

trust me im a growin, m-fer look at my past grows, down below.

but im on hold right now. my next grow will be months away. which sucks to me. but all must be right, before you do this, and for me the time is not right for me. and neither is it for you....... dont grow just yet!!!!:eek:

10. "Yea, but who is going to find out i'm growing pot?"

yah one of the main things to remember is that it is illegal, and you don't want to stir more shit than you can handle.

Plus, couldn't your roommates get in law trouble also, if cops/power/landlord were to discover it?