Moving in with a stranger

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by MilkyLumpkinz, Dec 6, 2012.

1. I posted on craiglist got a lot of replies, I'm looking for a place to stay rent free but willing to do house work,cook & clean until I can get on my feet & what not some of the replies I got were a bit fucking weird & then there were a few decent ones
    EX: this one lady says If I babysit her child I can live there rent free as
    shes paying a shitload in child care anyway only thing is I may
    need to share a room =\ also her kids dad spends the night
    sometimes or comes over which may be a bit awkward if shes not home..
    Another one was this guy who has his own apt building says
    I can live there free If I keep & eye on the building & do some minor
    clean ups as hes not always there to maintain the building or w/e
    Soooo my q is should I look further into these last 2 offers? if so
    which one sounds best? opinions? =\ need some advice blades..
    the other ones were just fucking creepy like u can stay here free
    but whats in it for me?? an other creepy shit lol

2. #2 psilocyberspace, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2012
    Babysitting a kid will eventually suck out your soul. I would look into the guy with the apt, jsut make sure he's not a weirdo

3. hmmm..loool ur prob right...plus kids get annoying..
    I mean I love um to death but I can only deal with um for so long :smoking:

4. I think it depends on the kid to be honest; I've been a babysitter quite a few different times and yeah, I've had to take care of a couple brats before but I've also met some freakin' cool kids who I still talk to even though they're 10+ years younger than I am. You know, give them a shout and stuff for their birthday, go say hi if I'm in town.

Either way, I'd check out both opportunities before signing up to either one of them. I find it hard to believe that a parent (read: good parent) would throw you in with their kids without even talking to/meeting you. So maybe thats something telling about the situation right there.

Depends on what you feel more comfortable doing, but I'd try and get a good handle on whats expected of you in either position before signing up for it on a more permanent basis.

5. A baby willing to let a complete stranger watch her child shows lack of responsibility. The guy w/ apt. is your best bet, if he isnt looking for a personal "boytoy"

6. i agree with the whole baby sitting thing... if they scream or cry they are not fun and they will suck your soul out.
    Go with the apartment sounds better....

7. Do not take any option where you're saying you're living there for free... You're asking to get raped and/or kidnapped.

8. stay with family or friends homie

9. You can stay with me shorty if you get a tan!

10. definitely look into the apartment. who wants to share a room with a stranger? thats pretty weird haha

11. Suck my dick and you can stay with me :smoking:

i have a feeling thats all your gunna find on cg for free.

Start offering rent or get ready for the wierdos to come outta the woodwork

12. Why do you have to leave where you are staying now? You don't have any friends or family you can stay with? Even a friend of a friend of a friend would be better than a complete stranger on CL :eek: Tell people you know what you put in your ad. You will clean, cook, do laundry, baby sit, dog sit, run errands etc in exchange for a room.
    Out of those two situations the babysitting job sounds best. Just be cautious around the baby daddy and I would recommend buying a knife or some pepper spray (you never know and better safe than sorry). As for sharing a room - yeah sucks but if you are not paying rent what do you expect?
    I'd stay away from any guys hitting you up - that's just asking for trouble IMO. If I were you I would advertise as a caretaker for an elderly person. A lot of old people need help but can't afford it. The work might suck but I would feel a lot safer with a frail old man or woman.
    Another thing to think about trying is to go to local churches. Tell them you need help and are willing to work in exchange for a free room. They might know of a good family who is willing to help out.
    I have been in the situation of trying to find a place to live via CL so I know it's tough. Good luck OP and be safe!

13. Come to Ireland you can live with me for free!

Edit: that sounded so creepy..

14. Just be safe lumpkinz!!

:D

15. craigslist is a cesspool. careful there

16. Get out of here you spamming motherfucker. Ive seen you post the same stupid shit in like 10 different sections and threads.

And be safe OP

Makes me happy to have fallback plans if i cant make rent :/

17. Can you not get a real job? I mean I guess you could be a house sitter or something.. Find a partner to support you.. or get a job and pay rent like the rest of us.

18. OP is probably looking for a job. We don't know the whole situation. Don't be so quick to judge.

19. Thats why I asked if she can get a job. I mean it just seems like shes looking for a cheap way out.

20. yeah i wouldn't even consider looking for a place to stay for freeon craigslist. :poke: