Moving from soil to hydro? help

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by OrangeHairz, Feb 10, 2011.

1. so i have a seedling. 10days old i think. can i move him to a small hydro set up in a lil bit. the soil i have sucks. like i know its not the best thing. but if i carefully dig it up, rinse off the soil and put him in the net pot? will this work. can they addapt like that.?

2. maybe. why not transport to a bigger container with better soil??

3. I think you can dig it out of the soil and get it into a net cup if your careful. I have never done it. But I have dug plants out of hydro ton and transferred them into other net pots with hydroton. The dispensary that sells clones around my house said it could be done. But I cant say for certain.

Good Luck!

4. Yes it can be done. Just be gentle with the roots.

5. I had a plant in soil and wanted to make sure it was female before I put it in my DWC setup.... I dug to the bottom of the pot to make sure I got as much roots as I could then I judt dusted off the easy stuff then kinda soaked and dipped the root ball in water until 95% of the dirt was gone. I transplanted it into some hydroton, and I had a drip system setup until the roots were comming out of the net pot as soon as I could see roots I turned on my air stones. After the transplant I treated her like she was a day old for my nut feeding schedule. I started with my nutes about a 2 weeks after she was in the DWC. She can be shocked a little because of the move from warm soil to cool water, mine took a week to recover. shes now about 4 weeks old and I am trying to get her to fill a screen now.

It can be done with sucess just be carefull and have patients with her after the transplant and she will come back.....good luck

6. thanks, because my plant is almost 2 weeks old, is in MG organic. its really small still and mg is fucking it up. like the plant has slight nute burn from it. it hasnt been growing lately. its still on its second leaf set and in the past 3 days no growth has been seen.

7. try and really flush the soil. I wouldent try a transplant with a week plant. I used MG soil once and I would get nute burn everyonce and awhile, it was weird. while your flushing it check the PH of your runoff to make sure the soil is ok. once she gets healthy it would be ok to transplant.

8. well i transplanted it anyways. isnt doing worse or better after about 18hours in it. ph meter is on my list. hope it lives.

9. If you can't afford a meter right now, you need to at least buy a PH testing kit. They run around six bucks. You cannot do hydro without a way to test your PH. That is the fastest way to kill your plants.

10. how are they doing after the transplant

11. I just transplanted a plant from soil. All you gotta do is have the roots hanging in the water and have a good amount of hydroton around the stem. it will slowly adapt, my plant now has healthier roots than some of my store bought clone plants

12. #13 Lady Toker, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2011
    it was in the same situation. its possible but if your not extra careful during the transplant it could go hermie. it took 4 days for my plant to start growing again the lower leaves turned yellow but after that it exploded into growth. just a suggestion, in a couple of weeks when your plant is healthier you might wanna change the light cycle to 12/12 until it starts showing sex (about a week) to make sure its a female and your not wasting your time. then change it back to 24 hours of light. good luck!