Moving Back to Cali!!! Need Help!!! (Please)

Discussion in 'General' started by chubba, Mar 27, 2010.

1. So 3 years ago when i was living in Cali everything was great except rent was unbearably high in orange county were i was living.
    1) So if your from Cali whats rent like in your area?
    2) i know that there is med mj all over but wheres the best/ most/ or just overall easiest to find areas
    3) Here in Texas it is extremely hard to find anybody hiring at the moment... Hows the job market over there?

yea those are the main questions i can think of right now lol... any advise/ help is greatly appreciated :) Thanks

2. Sacramento has lots of trees (figuratively and literally), I pay $925 but I have a two bedroom duplex and live in a nice area. You can find one room apartments between $500-$600.

The job market basically sucks everywhere.

Shit even I'm collecting benefits right now and I always have a job.

I won't lie you are going to have to get creative to make ends meet. Cost of living in general is higher in cali. Good luck.

3. Wow thats pretty good for rent in Cali... is there much to do in Sacramento??? and how is the weather there? i havent ever been that far north lol, Fresno is the most northern that i have ever been :)

EDIT: yea thats what i was figuring with the job market :(

4. There is plenty to do in sac. Not to mention your only an hour or so away from tahoe, 2 hours from the beach, the weather is amazing. Gets pretty hot for a couple months in the summer but besides that it's idealistic.

There are dozens of cannabis dispensaries here and the cops are very much relaxed on non card holders even.

There are plenty of things to do in midtown on the weekend evenings (if your into that kind of thing.)

The people in sacramento are chill and there are alot of herb tokers.

We are the closest major city to humboldt, trinity and mendicino counties (the emerald triangle).

Not to mention a WHOLE TRUCKLOAD of herb is grown about 45 minutes away in grass valley and auburn. :wave: :D :smoking:

5. OK Sacrmento is definatly high up on the list now :D im coming to cali in june to start looking for jobs and rooms 4 rent/ apartments so i am definatly going to make sure i make my way up to there :)

6. You can find something reasonable in Oakland.

7. Man i miss the city of trees :rolleyes:...but now i live in SLO, kinda cheap cuz it's a college town for apartments, but houses get kinda steep. We have smaller towns around here though that are much cheaper, which is great because we have great weather year round and the beach is like 10 minutes away. Work is easy to find in SLO and south county, but the north is mostly small families, so that means no work. It gets kinda boring here sometimes, but there are a lot of parties, except the cops are pretty much d-bags and no tolerance for alcohol, a little more lax for bud.

8. I have a room for rent in Fresno, $350/mo for the room. We have to split utilities n such so it ends up bein like $600/mo but that's for everything. Its a pretty sweet deal still, pretty good location and big house. But its in the central valley, which blows goats lol

9. cali sounds so nice simply for the weather all year round.

holy crap man beach season all year.

here beach season is like 3-4months max..... fucking depressing.

i am told though, that its healthier to live in an environment that isnt always sunny. dont know if this is from the suns radiation or what. sunscreen all the time wouldnt be that fun. though the nice bodies prob make up for it.

damn canada

10. I wanted to check out Oakland I heard oaksterdam is off the chain :)

By SLO your talking about San Luis Obispo right??? the alcohol doesnt bother me too much I'm 22 but i dont really drink too much any more ever since i puked up blood after just drinking a couple beers, I was kinda sick so that may have been the reason but nonthe less i mainly just smoke now :D

Yea I was up in fresno a couple years ago it wasnt too bad the only problem that i had was that i really didnt know anybody there and i was living with the family at the time and ugg my partents make life hell lmao... but if you would p.m. me i am kinda intrested $600/month is pretty good but idk if you will still have it cuz as i said it will be around June when im moving if everything works right, ive got to save up some money so i can afford to move:) should be starting this job here sunday though so things are on track now:D

Haha yea I miss Cali soo much, I grew up in Irvine, Ca in Orange County miss the area tons there was so much too do close to the beach LA and all but yea you would pay and arm and a leg to live there and i really want to be able to afford to live and still be able to have some money to do things:D especially pick up some dank on a normal basis :smoking:

11. #11 GreyMatterTripp, Mar 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2010
    There is more herb for cheaper at the same quality in sac than the bay.

We are closer to the source. You open up sacramento news and review and there is an add for a dispensary on practically every page.

There are pounds and pounds on the market, I'm not saying the bay isn't doing it big, I'm just sayin the same stuff that goes for 50-60 an eighth you can get for 30 easy here if you know someone for a short amount of time.

People have massive indoor grow ops. Even larger outdoor grow ops as close as roseville, lincoln and auburn.

If cheap access to multiple medical/connoisseur grade herb specimens of every strain you could imagine is your selling point (and you still wanna be close to society) then sacramento is your city.

Go north of sacramento to areas like fair oaks, orangevale, etc. and it's actually quite nice. Just as nice as what I've seen of orange county in many places.

12. DANG! you just make Sacramento sound better and better!!!! :D what areas of Sacramento should i be looking in to be able to be close to were jobs would more than likely be/ the cheaper areas because i'm just going to assume that i am only going to be able to find something paying minimum wage part time that way if i find better well then i would have more money or be able to move some were nicer :)

13. There are places to work everywhere. You just have to apply everywhere and be willing to take whatever comes.

Sounds like your willin to do whatever it takes. What kind of work do you do might I ask?

14. #14 chubba, Mar 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2010

ive mainly done retail... I worked for Costco while i was living in The O.C. , Worked For American Airlines on the runway until i got laid off... Out here in texas i was working at best buy until i had to move, now im going to be working at a movie rental place and saving ever penny i make so i can get out of Texas and back to Cali :D

EDIT: havent been to college just cant afford and my parents stopped helping me with life after i moved out when i was 18 to move in with my gf at the time, i've done a lot of customer service and had a lot of training and some sales jobs experience

15. Plenty of retail jobs. Might have to search for full time but there are lots of shopping centers (strip malls). I mean, ALOT. So you'll do fine on that. I'm in Real Estate so the economy is in the tank for my industry.

16. i was going to go into Real Estate right before i moved out of Cali but there was way too many fees to get started so that ended up keeping me away from it... im noticing on craigslist theres a lot of places for rent on Watts ave by I-50, how is this area?

17. Watt and 50 isn't too bad.

I didn't pay any fees. I started from the ground up generating leads. Experience got me promoted to closing deals. You don't need a license to solicit and close loans in california. Just a mouthpiece and knowledge of the industry.

18. kool! i cant wait till june to come check things out!

really? i was going to be working with 1st Team Realestate and there as like a $800 board fee a $500 fee to be able to get acess to the black boxes on the doors and like two or 3 others that were a couple hundred each... but thats only what they were telling me and yea after hearing about all those i was really just like wow never mind and just went back to working at Costco lol never really tried with any other ways of getting started after that either jsut kinda scared me away

19. orange county is good im here you can find some cheaper places and the mmj is everywhere and u can find the best really in all places, LA and venice and so many places have dank