Moving across country

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Mommamillers, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Hi there first time posting. I am a medical card holder in AZ. I am moving to Arkansas, and want to take edibles and a few carts with me to hold me over while I get my card There (they are a legal state but haven't got the dispenserys set up and won't have them til now April (it's changes so many times) I use the edibles and pens for pain . Here's my concern. I know traveling via car out of state is risky. It will be me my husband (we are 30). Our half pit half boxer and the cat and the 4 year old. All on a 1300 mile trip. I am concerned about dogs and obviously getting caught. I have less then an ounce in concentrate. Iv got 2.5g in pens and 600 or so mg of edibles. I have put them in a freezeer bag, then a vacumm seal bag then sealed a 2nd time. I have never smoked in my car. Ever and will not be traveling with flower. My biggest concern is being searched or drug dogs. I read somewhere that sometimes having a cat in the car can actully confuse the drug dogs as well. (not why I have my cat but if true helpful) I'm just paranoid I think was looking for advice. My husband is terrified I'm going to get a felony and go to jail. I was under the impression it was a misdomenor if I got caught We are Going through AZ New Mexico, Texas, ok and then Arkansas. I honestly have about 300 bucks in it and just feel like it's to late to back out now.

2. Wouldn't overly worry!
    There are MANY things that will throw a dog off the scent (other dog toys with different scents/cat-nip etc. for example) .... You should add a few of these such things in your car (just in case).. Have a google. There are always ways.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Drive the speed limit, If you wanted avoid toll roads and you’ll be fine! I’ve drove coast to coast blazing up with several ppl in one van and we was cool. As long as your not driving stupid and nothing crazy happens I’d think you have no worries

• Like Like x 1

4. Dont take anything if your that worried and get a temporary Medical card from Oklahoma online its not to hard to do just go to the OMMA website. stop in oklahoma (next door to arkansas) and get all you need legaly. that way your not crossing into any prohibition terriitory and minimizing the number of state lines your crossing with your medicine.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Such a shame this is an actual concern. So much for freedom. I guess your free to do whatever the ruler commands.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. If you get pulled over just tell them “I’m friends with Jerry”.

They’ll salute you and tell you to have a good day and a safe trip.

J

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Don't the police need a reason to pull you over? At least that's how it was when I lived there (USA). That was over 30 years ago though.

If that's still the case, just make sure your vehicle is in good working order (no burned out tail lights, etcetera) and don't act, look suspicious.

And above all, cover up your bumper sticker that says
    "legalise it!"
    With
    "Jesus saves!"

or
    "I ❤ hillbillies"

Good luck and have a safe trip!

8. You're a family on the move. Nothing looks out of the ordinary. Don't do anything foolish to get stopped. You aren't passing through customs. As others said, make sure your car is 100%. And if you are stopped for a bad tail light, the cops aren't gonna feel the need to search unless ya'll are acting sketchy a.f. . Have a brownie, take a couple puffs and enjoy the scenery. It'll all be fine. But don't forget mentioning that you know @jerry111165 . It works.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mail it to your destination before you leave.
    That way you carry only what you can swallow.

You're losing sleep over nothing.

• Like Like x 1