Movies With A Down Ending

Discussion in 'Movies' started by SirenWasHere, Jul 13, 2010.

1. You know the type, the main character goes through hell to get away from the villain, just to be killed or end up hurt anyways.

They did this in the Skeleton Key.

Just, so dumb how that ended.

What about you?

2. Drag me to hell

ending was a bummer

3. i thought the orphan had a retarted ending

4. "The Road" had a pretty depressing ending. :p

5. Easy Rider

[​IMG]

6. You mean the one where a father and his young son must hopelessly trek through a barren wasteland?

Heck yes. Probably the most depressing movie of all time for me.

Never really a dapper scene throughout the whole movie. It's just 'sad' always.

7. [​IMG]

was scared of getting on boats after watching this, until i got on a boat lol..

8. [​IMG]
    THE downer ending

9. #10 BryanDaniel, Jul 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2010
    This was actually the ending to the documentary titled "Thin" but I felt the need to post when I saw the thread title, having just recently watched it and felt that it was the epitome of movies with a down ending :p

The documentary follows the lives of a group of women who have been admitted into a facility in which they would undergo treatment for their extreme cases of eating disorders. So being one that struggles with an eating disorder, currently in the process of trying to recover, I figured I'd watch it believing that it might offer me some sort of insight, or perspective, or maybe even just offer something I can relate to. I was kind of hoping for a happy ending so that I might find some sort of hope and inspiration.....

This is what I got instead:
    -Most of the girls are still being treated in the same inpatient facility.
    -Many of the girls were forced to leave because their insurance ran out on them, and continue to struggle with their disorder.
    -Some of them died because of their eating disorder and/or killed themselves.

Wow.
    I was not happy to say the least :p

10. ^yup, I would have to concur with Requiem for a Dream also.

11. Perfect Storm, after the whole movie they all die.

12. [​IMG]

another one, the whole movies a downer

13. You know, I misread that as "From the Director of COMING TO AMERICA".

You know I'm stoned. :smoking:

14. i can't believe nobody said halloween 2, the ending to that's like the ultimate downer.:(

you know? when she's sitting in that white hallway and she's all crazy and shyt? right after she got shot? right after she tried to kill loomis? right after she found out that young michael was just a hallucination? right after she was kidnapped by him?

ultimate downer.

15. this, it was totally unexpected

16. [​IMG]

rememeber when everyone died?

17. This, the ending was fucked up!

18. [​IMG]
    "just shoot me, bro"