Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Movies that changed you

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Johnywilks, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Has anyone watched a movie that has changed them as a person, the way that you think / view life.

If so what was the movie and how did it change you?
    :smoke:

2. American History X , made me look at racism in a different way- the ending quotes: "Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time. It's just not worth it. Derek says it's always good to end a paper with a quote. He says someone else has already said it best. So if you can't top it, steal from them and go out strong. So I picked a guy I thought you'd like. 'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Blade Runner - changed my perspective on what it means to be human

edit: also this should be moved to movie section :)

3. #3 g12231dfa1, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
    That's a fantastic question! Well I would have to say the 1960 film Time Machine. I wouldn't say it changed me so much as it, "Reinforced" who i was. It was WAY before my time, but I love the film and some of the messages within it. It's a beautiful piece of cinema and one of my all time favorites! There really aren't enough good things to say about it.
    As the main character in the film moves forward in time he see's that mankind is basically reduced to cattle. he becomes very angry with the people living in that time, they've let the books crumble to dust and have lost their thirst for knowledge. They're living simply to die, like cattle. The story just motivated me to always continue my quest for knowledge, and I realize I can't know everything about everything, but I want to know everything about one specialized field and be an expert in that area. It's just one of my many goals! :D

4. Harry Potter made me become a wizard....

5. When I was 10 I saw Gone In 60 Seconds for the first time and it inspired me to learn about cars and how the motor worked and I began teaching myself everything from magazines and the Internet.

Now 11 years later I'm 3 parts from pulling my motor in my garage to start my twin turbo conversion to my 3000GT. No other movie has ever affected me like that.

I remember in '01 The Fast & The Furious came out and all the kids loved it, but it probably wouldn't have had given me the passion I have now alone.

6. Great question :smoke:

V for Vendetta
    That film made me more aware of the government, and its hobby of fucking us over. Starting my revolution tattoo in Christmas :smoke:

7. All Michael Moore movies make me realize that there is definitely a bigger fatter moronic loser out there than I could ever be.

8. Imagine, The bio about John Lennon. I don't know what to say about how it changed me. lol

9. Pineapple express.

10. Lord of the rings

11. i saw half baked like right after i started smoking weed. Made me feel like i wasn't really doing anything wrong

12. 2001 Space Odyssey... had me walking around my apartment pounding my chest...

13. [​IMG]

Star Wars.

14. Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Changed my life goals entirely. Now I want to be a chimp and lead the ape revolution.

15. #16 DBV, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2011
    A Waking Life is an amazing movie based on philosophy. Mind blowing stuff! You can find it on youtube, or google.. It basically just enforced my belief that life is all a dream/illusion, and we should live it to the fullest.

Also The Holy Mountain. I don't really know what to say about it, but it's definitely thought provoking.

edit: for those interested:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5AZWPZeyGg[/ame]

• Like Like x 1

16. I agree with V for Vendetta, however, for me it was more of how injustice the "justice" system is. "it is to Madame justice That I dedicate this concerto, in honor of the holiday that is sadly no longer remembered, and in recognition of the imposter that stands that stands in her stead."

17. naked lucnh.

18. #20 Lugef, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Lmfaooooo