Movie recommendations

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Budwisesir, Jan 5, 2010.

1. I'm looking for some recommendations, specifically with movies like "Waking Life" and "The Science of Sleep" you know?

Any movie that is philosophical or really creative I guess you could say.

2. 2001: A Space Odyssey

3. Donnie Darko is a good pretty good movie, dont let the demonic rabbit fool you!

4. Thanks! I checked it out and it looks like something I might like. :)

That movie looks like it has Hollywood marked all over it. :p Is it seriously philosophical? Like "Waking Life"?

5. pan's labyrinth it's in subtitles but subtitles are COOOOL

6. a clockwork orange

7. Oh I forgot Schindler's List, must, must see.

8. #8 frankincense, Jan 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2010
    I recently saw 'Apocolypse Now! Redux' it was a serious mindfuck. Very interesting, disturbing and thought provoking. prob not for everyone, but well worth the experience. Directed by Francis Ford Coppola Has Marlon Brando, Martin Sheen, Robert Duval, Dennis Hopper and Harrison Ford. I'd watch it again...

9. A Clockwork Orange is a great movie... and is pretty philosophical. not like Waking Life.

Synecdoche, New York is a Great philosophical movie.

10. Any of the Evil Dead movies

City of God (subtitles)

Run Lola Run

Drag me to Hell (new flick)

11. oops, didn't read your thread that well...I don't think any of mine are "Philosophical"

12. The whole movie is based on the statement "If a Tangent Universe occurs, it will be highly unstable, sustaining itself for no longer than several weeks." Its nothing like The Butterfly Effect that is based on the chaos theory, though The Butterfly Effect in my opinion is a good movie, Donnie Darko is far better. It doesnt feel like a hollywood blockbuster at all. The movie does make you question the fraility of our existence.
    Do yourself a favor and watch it. :smoking:

13. Watch the movie Pi. It's interesting.

I saw 4th kind yesterday, everyone said it was really boring and dumb, I thought it wasn't horrible. Kind of disturbing to see the actual footage tho.

14. I second Pi, if that makes a difference.

15. American Beauty

Vanilla Sky

These are must sees. They somewhat fit your criteria yet are amazing.