Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mouth gets full of saliva that tastes kind of nasty after taking a bong hit?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Rhinodank, Sep 16, 2013.

1. #1 Rhinodank, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2013
    As the title says, , wheneveri take bong rips, it get a bunch of saliva all of a sudden that tastes kind of weird I guess. Anyone know why? Im a heavy daily smoker and this happens all the time but not sure if its recent. Is it just because of the thc? I dunno, I would like a scientific answer if anyone has one? Lol im stoned off my ass and I like to think about shit:p thanks guys!

2. U hav kansur sorry .Donot b sad liddle won.

3. two pieces of advice
    spit it out
    learn fucking english

4. Never heard of it, only when I want to throw up from a big hit.

5. #5 Decode, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2013
    Happens to me too. I think it's just because your throat is reacting to hot stuff being in it.

I just spit it out

6. Lol im on my tablet so sorry about the spelling errors. Of course I spit it out-.- it could be just from the resin taste sticking to the saliva in the mouth or something? Idk, im sure someone knows haha

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Whaa?? You throw up after hits?

And you're all wrong. It's not because of heat. It has to do with your tongue position resulting in salivation.

8. Ahah, bongs tend to make some people drool, just wait till that dry mouth kicks in.

Urm, I dunno, try putting different kinds of water in the chamber.

I'd recommend -
    - A handful of ice-cubes - with a little water, condensed & smooth
    - Just a small amount of hot water, not quite boiling hot. Steamy & keeps the THC airborne
    - Alcohol free mouthwash diluted in water - minty fresh, reduces the damage to your teeth, & filters out some of the impurities
    - Coconut water
    - Freshly brewed black coffee with no sugar
    - Experiment with what you like, avoid anything with added sugar, fat (including dairy) or alcohol because it will deactivate some of the THC

9. Take smaller hits. This happens to me with my bowl. The advice to spit it out is spot on. This is the best way I know how to get rid of the taste.

10. Seriously noone has figured this out? It's the taste of the smoke itself getting into your saliva. I mean it is burnt plant matter and the dirty the bong the worse it will be.