Mourning a great loss

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by sparticus63, Mar 1, 2009.

1. I write today with a heavy heart and the saddest of news. My bong, depicted here, has been shattered. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. I feel like I've lost a very faithful pet.

Last night, I was hanging out with a few of my friends from work. One guy and his girlfriend, let's call them Jack and Jill, picked me up from my house. I still live with my parents. I put the bong and my kit in my backpack, and left the house. We went over to the apartment of another guy, let's call him Drew, to help him move out. He had already moved most of his stuff into his new apartment, so we spent about an hour taking out trash, vacuuming, and cleaning up as required by the lease. While cleaning, two more people showed up, one I knew who previously worked with us, let's call him Jay, and one of his friends, who I'd never met before.

We all left the old apartment and headed over to the new one to smoke and hang out. We got inside, and Drew told us we couldn't smoke inside, but there was a balcony. So I loaded up the bong, put in some water and ice, and took it outside with Jack. Me and Jack passed it back and forth until it was ashed, and I cleaned out the bowl. I set the bong next to me as everybody else came outside with their blunts. The blunts were passed around for a while, and everybody was generally having a good time. Jay said that if he beat me in a round of Call of Duty I'd pack up the bong again and we'd pass it around. I took the challenge, and went inside, leaving the bong on the porch. This was a fatal mistake.

As me and Jay loaded up the Xbox and were about to pick a level, I heard the most heart-wrenching, disturbing sound I've ever heard in my life. My jaw fell open. I sat in shock for a minute, and slowly got up and headed for the door to the balcony. I looked down to see my bong shattered into three huge pieces and several smaller ones. I wanted to cry. Everybody but the guy I hadn't met before was looking off the edge of the balcony away from the scene of the accident. Everyone had stood up, and he backed up a bit not looking where he was going, and basically kicked it over.

I told him he would just have to pay me for it ($150), but he insisted he couldn't. He said the best he could do was give me half. This guy is years older than me, and seems kind of shady, but I trust my friends, so he can't be all bad. I got his phone number and I'm supposed to be getting the money from him when he gets paid. My friends all said they'd pitch in some because of how bad they felt.

Those who've had pieces broken or stolen know the horrible feeling I'm currently experiencing. The only part I could salvage was the bowl. The tube had snapped off the base, and the downstem was crushed and broke in half inside the joint. The image of the shattered glass haunts me still.

The good news is, I'm heading to the store I bought the first bong from to find it's replacement within the next hour.

Rest In Peace Hobbes, you will be missed. I'll be smoking tonight in your memory.

2. Sickening.

3. Sickening it was, my friend. The sound, the sight, the sadness. I wanted to cry and vomit at the same time. Thank you for your condolences.

4. I had a cop walk away with my first bong ever. Was some no name home blown glass, but it was beautiful. Colour changing and everything. I can still see him walking away with it in his hands. He held it with his 2 fingers it in. =/

5. Bought the replacement today. Stay tuned to my setup post (linked in sig) for the new goods. Pictures and description will be up tomorrow.

6. That's awful.

And he said he couldn't pay you? Thats bullllllshit, I would have stuck him in the mouth one good time.

7. *pats back*

I'm very sorry to hear about that loss.

I'd send you one of my old ones but you look like the kind of guy that's got a thing for the high-qual, glass-on-glass bongage.

Good luck with the replacement. Hobbes II, perhaps?

8. my buddy brought over his roor (red lable with an ashcatch) and set it on my desk, one of my kittens cortana jumpend on his lap and he was petting her. then she kinda stood up and decided to knock over his bong... The sound, the sound is heart stopping. and this wasent even my bong being broken. thank god it fell on carpet and only the downstem broke.

i feel your pain and am sorry for your loss :(

9. rule #1, don't travel with bongs. They're meant to be stationary. Yeah, it's always great to smoke out of.. but if you're going somewhere a pipe is your best bet. I'm sorry for your loss though, I would not be happy, at all.

10. that post is way too long but i know just how it feels to lose a bong that you really enjoy...make sure to get yourself something nice to replace it. thats what i did at least

11. sorry to hear :(

12. i'm so sorry, i genuinely feel awful for you. I just got a new bong about a month ago and even thinking about it breaking is a horrible feeling.

RIP Hobbes

13. damn man sorry to hear that.
    you might be a little more civilized than me.
    but something that close to me, idc if he meant to do it...
    i would probably hit the person who knocked it off.

sorry to hear that though. RIP Hobbes.

14. Yo man, I really fuckin feel for you. That shit sucks balls. Back in the day, I had this apartment, just me and my roomate were living there, fuckin livin the good life we could blaze and smoke butts inside and shit whenever we wanted. We had this dragon bong, and it had like this bubbler slide attachtment, I hit it every day for somewhere around 6 months. It was a 200 dollar bong that me and my boy bought from a friend for 150. I would literally wake up and hit the thing in my fucking bed dude it was like brushing the teeth, me and this fuckin thing were practically dating, it even gave me head a couple times but that's a whole other story.

Anyhow, one night I wasn't even there, my roomate was cocked and had like 3 buddies over, and they were all getting hammered and hittin the bong in his room, and this dude who hadn't even been to our spot before had his foot up on the fuckin desk, and it just fell off right onto the bong and fucking took it out. Never paid for it or anything, haven't seen the dude since. It's always the dude you'll never see again, the bastards just have no respect for people's shit. So to summarize myself man, I feel your fuckin pain, and I'm there with ya. I'll burn one down in it's name brotha. Take care and good luck with future bongs.

15. wow you would hit someone...well I guess I am a peaceful stoner lol

16. man when my pipe shattered i felt sooo bad. when it first dropped i couldnt believe it, it happened so fast. atleast it was a free piece, still tight though.

RIP Hobbes

17. Hells yeah.

Forget being a pacifist. You break my bong...I'll break yo face. AND get my money. D'bo style and shit.

18. lol I guess I was too high to care at the moment and well it was a really close friend, I guess if I wasn't as high and if I didn't know the person I would be pretty pissed but I do not think I would resort to violence

19. word. i guess its just how you're raised.
    i was raised to respect people and their property.
    (aka if its not yours dont even come close to it without permission)
    and especially dont break it, if you break it, you're confronted and then you buy it.

in the words of Dante from "Grandma's boy" - "Thats insane. You never throw a bong dude, ever."

and ima burn one for Hobbes later with "SpoonBob StonePants"