Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mountain living and useless ramblings

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Llamamontana, Nov 28, 2011.

1. My wife and I just came back in from a nice hike up the mountain behind the house and let me tell you, it is beatiful today. Clear skies about 50f degrees and a bit breezy. The mountains on the other side of the valley have all lost their snow for now but it'll be back soon.
    We've lived here now for about 7 years and to be honest, I can't living anyplace else(except for a few months in the winter). It's 40+ miles to town so we only head in about once a week. We have the cleanest air in the world here. The air is so crystal clear the only thing you ever smell is woodsmoke from a forrest fire or somebodies fireplace up the canyon.
    One of my favorite pastimes is sitting on the deck smoking some of my good homegrown and watching the sun settle behind the mountains.

As wonderful as living here is, there is one drawback for an old stoner like me.
    I am a gregarious person and really like interacting with people and I oftentimes get lonely up here. I would love to have a friend that smokes pot that was mature and discreet who I could share my stash with and contemplate life's treasures without fear of discoverey. I'm also a realist knowing well that people my age (55# are usually just as discreet as me. #My wife and I look like the last people on earth that you would think smokes pot)Also, having a small seasonal outdoor recreation business requires that my customers and collegues remain unaware of my pot usage, regardless that I'm legal here.My wife, although legal, does not use pot very often as she says she cannot control the munchies and is afraid of getting big. She thinks it's fine that I use pot daily. So I'm stuck here cruising mj forums to find people with the same interests as myself. I like this thread as it caters to a more mature group.
    I hope I qualify to be on this thread. I smoked a ton of weed and experimented with my share of other controlled substances until I joined the Army in '74. Did 20 yrs(I was an MP) without touching any illegal substances. When I retired 17 yrs ago I did not know anybody who used pot and I never had access to any and I was a hard core conservative. A couple of years ago my wife needed some help and we both got our med cards. She used it as needed. I use it as needed and because I found out that I enjoy the hell out of it. I'm still relatively conservative but leaning more towards the libertarian side. In reality I've only been using pot regularly for 2.5 years. The high school years don't count anymore cause the quality has increased so much since 74 that it's like two different substances alltogether.

Attached Files:

2. #2 usuckman, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2011
    Dont worry about not having other people to smoke with. Its overrated. You got a good girl and a nice place and good herbs to smoke! But if your trying to find people to blaze with you gotta go meet people and if you are too afraid of people finding out you smoke how are you gonna let them know. If your worried about your reputation, most people nowadays dont boycott a business just because someone there smokes weed, and most people have better things to do than gossip about someone smoking pot. And if it really comes to it just tell them to fuck off because you have a medical card.

I fucking wish I owned an "outdoor recreation" business. Im 20 years old, have nothing and basically never will have anything nomadder how hard I try. For people like me, there is no such thing as a profitable opportunity. I live with my parents. Im about to go to college but im basically just going to get out of the house. Down here, I cant even grow weed to make money because the power is so expensive and all the equipment is also too expensive, and its like 4 times harder to grow here because of humidity and mold. I still grow because its cheaper than buying it, but as far as making any money goes its not really possible, because there are more people selling pot than buying it here. I grew up with lots of potential, but never had any real calling. My positive views have all shifted into negative views. To someone like me, this looks like a showoff thread, someone just trying to show off how great of a life they have.

My advice is, if you have to lie to the public about yourself to keep your business going then you are a cheezeball. I would go through the physical pain of having my testicles smashed for 1000 years strait to be able to have a nice house with a nice girl that loves me. But that will never happen because those things all cost money and nobody likes giving me money!

3. yeah, pretty much this. Who needs other people?

4. that looks like a superb view, but you didnt say where the mountain is. im curious :p

5. I want to live in the mountains just like you have it. fuck people! lol well not really but still, living up there would be so sweet!

6. You have it made, people are overrated. Revert to nature and truly experience the benefits of the herb.

7. Looks like an amazing spot for a toke! And I'm with everyone else, enjoy that homegrown and that beautiful scenery, people are only entertaining for a while.

8. Northern Rockies:wave:

9. Oh yea, the serenity outweighs the downside, don't get me wrong. It just gets to be a feeling of isolation once in a while. Especially if we haven't been to town in a couple of weeks. I was feeling a bit down yesterday but I'm loving life today!

10. your a lucky bastard hahaha im way to poor to live even close to the standards you do: ( i have no future.

11. "Im 20 years old, have nothing and basically never will have anything nomadder how hard I try._

The reason I was able to start an outdoor business was that I worked HARD for 20 years in the Army....when I retired I took my hobby and turned it into a business.
    I started with NOTHING except the knowledge that I was not going to live at home.

Why would or should anybody give you anything? In this world you have to earn it.

You are doing the right thing by furthering your education. Make sure you pick a course of study that is marketable.

Look pal, you're only 20 now, when you're in college new opportunities and adventures will open up for you. You will learn critical thinking and how to network with people.

Be patient and don't worry, you are just struggling now because you think you should have it all figured out. It all works out one way or another. Good luck

12. I would love to live where you do 40 miles away would be very relaxing. Enjoy the beauty of nature around you, even though I am sure you already do. It is hard for me too see where your lonely because i'm a introvert and as long as I had a good wife, herb and a beautiful place to live I would feel like I had everything.

13. I think I just kind of had the blues yesterday. I have nothing to bitch about, that's for sure.
    I have an exciting,busy, outdoor seasonal business where I don't have to work in the winter. I live in an unbelievably beautiful area, I don't have people bothering me all the time, and a wonderful wife of 34 years who helps run the business and lets me smoke as much pot as I want.

Several years ago I watched a western movie with Sam Elliot and Catherine Ross....Catherine Ross played the part of a lonely widow living on the prarie. When she became lonely she would write messages on a piece of ribbon, tie the ribbon to a tumbleweed and turn it loose into the wind, to be read by whoever might find it. . My wife says the computer is my ribbon and the internet is my tumbleed.

14. Just finished a bowl of jock horror out on the deck. A winter storm is barreling up the valley and the sun is shining silver as it heads towards tomorrow. well baked!

15. Spend time at the bar at ski resorts. I'd say 1/2 the people there would rather be smoking cannabis.

16. [quote name='"usuckman"']Dont worry about not having other people to smoke with. Its overrated. You got a good girl and a nice place and good herbs to smoke! But if your trying to find people to blaze with you gotta go meet people and if you are too afraid of people finding out you smoke how are you gonna let them know. If your worried about your reputation, most people nowadays dont boycott a business just because someone there smokes weed, and most people have better things to do than gossip about someone smoking pot. And if it really comes to it just tell them to fuck off because you have a medical card.

I fucking wish I owned an "outdoor recreation" business. Im 20 years old, have nothing and basically never will have anything nomadder how hard I try. For people like me, there is no such thing as a profitable opportunity. I live with my parents. Im about to go to college but im basically just going to get out of the house. Down here, I cant even grow weed to make money because the power is so expensive and all the equipment is also too expensive, and its like 4 times harder to grow here because of humidity and mold. I still grow because its cheaper than buying it, but as far as making any money goes its not really possible, because there are more people selling pot than buying it here. I grew up with lots of potential, but never had any real calling. My positive views have all shifted into negative views. To someone like me, this looks like a showoff thread, someone just trying to show off how great of a life they have.

My advice is, if you have to lie to the public about yourself to keep your business going then you are a cheezeball. I would go through the physical pain of having my testicles smashed for 1000 years strait to be able to have a nice house with a nice girl that loves me. But that will never happen because those things all cost money and nobody likes giving me money![/quote]

You wonder why your a failure? Because your lazy and negative. Get off your ass, and move out of that hell hole. Go to school and fucking pass it if you have the opportunity. Anyone can be successful if you put out effort.

17. I live in chicago right now it sucks ass theres tons of friends from my home town palatine to smoke with but im trying to get the hell outta here prob moving to estes park

18. Oh man, you have it good. I live in new york city, east harlem to be exact. A neighborhood not exactly pot friendly in a city that is facist when it comes to pot. I Love the city because of the ability to interact with many kinds of people and the views are pretty great. But Its finding quality bud to smoke from people you trust, its hard walking around with it, smoking it freely.

Sounds like you got a sweet set up.

19. #19 Nadroj, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2011
    I live over in Billings man... I love living in Montana. You live in Missoula area?

Ive lived in Billings since '96... originally from WA.

I would love to visit you sometime man... ill keep you company haha. I never get out to Missoula often... i dont know many people out there. I do know a grower in bozeman who is legal. Im unfortunately not a patient atm. Would you mind telling me your caregiver? My brother has The Healing Center but their meds are not up to par with my standards and their prices are outrageous @ 275/oz

20. It sounds idyllic, but I do understand the need for similar company. For ten years I mainly hung out with guys as I smoke a lot, and most women around here don't smoke, and look down on it (as well as only being interested in diets, celebrities and material possessions). I love all my male friends, and of course I'd rather spend time with fellow smokers regardless of gender. However now that I have met a few other girls who smoke as much as I do (and aren't obsessed with men and diets), it is actually great, and it's a different smoking experience altogether.

So I can understand wanting to smoke with another person your age, who can share your experiences, and who has maybe experienced as much as you; someone you have an affinity with because of a common age/gender/background but also share a common love for the herb and it's culture.

Hope you find that, sure you will. At least your wife smokes with you sometimes, so at least you have those days.

*End loooong rambling response :p*