Mountain Jam.....

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by decrimbud, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Mountain Jam is at Hunter Mt. in upstate NY. This is the 5th annual show and I'm wondering if anyone here on GC is going. I went last year and it's great. 3 days of great jam bands, all on a beautiful mountain surrounded by beautiful scenery. Drugs there are out of control. Last year I was smoked a good Oz. and did a ton of shrooms and acid. Lotta old hippies go to this and everyone camps out on the moutain it's great.

So.....anyone else going?

2. if i lived over there id be there!

3. I'm thinkin about it... bringin some homegrown and beer for a good time.

4. When is it? I might be in NY around that time...

5. may 29th-31st

6. How is is getting illicit substances in? Are there plenty to buy once in the fest?

7. All I will say is this: It's out of control. Last year I brought a full Oz. of weed. While there I was able to buy acid for a reasonable price and also if you want a picture of how it is--Last year one evening when I was walking back to my tent I saw a group of hippies around a Nitrous Oxide tank just sucking it in.

8. i'm in NJ, I've been to Hunter a bit to board, but this looks gnarly dood. Thanks for the info.

9. Once again, I'll be there. Can't wait.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdJyuTwqxnQ]YouTube - Speed Racer Vs. Chuck Norris Part 1[/ame]

10. List of performers:

Gov't Mule
    Allman Brothers Band
    Michael Franti & Spearhead
    Umphrey's McGee
    Coheed and Cambria
    The Derek Trucks Band
    The Hold Steady
    Bill Kreutzmann
    Martin Sexton
    Richie Havens
    Girl Talk
    Gomez
    Gene Ween Band
    Tea Leaf Green
    Railroad Earth
    Jackie Greene
    John Medeski
    Karl Denson's Tiny Universe
    Porter Batiste Stoltz
    Brett Dennen
    Eric Krasno & Chapter 2
    The Lee Boys
    Marco Benevento Trio
    Rhett Miller
    U-Melt
    Alberta Cross
    The Macpooz
    The Brew
    Black Taxi
    Joey Eppard
    The Trapps
    Buzzuniverse
    Stoney Clove Lane
    Pimps of Joytime
    Machan
    Hot Day At The Zoo
    Joe Pug
    Jennie Arnau
    The Movement

11. ANyone down for a GC smokeout at Mt. Jam? I'm probably a kid (18) to most of you guys but still anyone interested?

12. Yup. Just look for the Speed Racer helmet.:)

13. hahaha that's you in the video? Yo I was laughing so hard man, were you sober at all that weekend? lol

14. Thanks for the info man. It's going to be a ton of fun...

15. Yo bro, how much did u buy those nitrous balloons for in your other video, I never seen someone actually selling balloons full at Jam but I saw a tank

16. some ghetto black guy had a tank. Early morning...like 5 A.M.

17. i'll be there. If you see a puke green volkswagon bus don't hesitate to stop by.

18 here too btw

18. And whats the deal with moving stuff around?

All I'll have is an 1/8 and a glass piece.

can you safely carry around stuff in your pockets? how about shoes? Will they even search me if I go into the concert without bags or anything? I'd imagine they're mostly looking to catch the guys bringing in stuff to sell and whatnot. but idk...

I just want to chill and have a good time... I'm not looking to get into any trouble. :cool:

19. im going just got my ticket today lol. i cant wait its gonna be sick:hello:

20. Mt. Jam was sooo rad! The bands were great, the drugs were great, the people were great. Just such an amazing concert at such a great place (Hunter Mt.) The Catscales? sp.....are so amzing!