Mountain Growing

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by KHD, May 10, 2009.

1. Have 3 strains, Chemo, Trainwreck & Bluetooth ready to pop into their permanent summer home soooon. This is my second season growing. The first season I didn't know how to sex and ended up with only 2 ladies out of the ten I planted. What a bummer. :( I chopped males and hermies down and they made great cana butter. I was lucky I only got about 20 seeds on my ladies from those males. I learned my lesson though, learn how to sex them babies and you won't be sorry.

Since I'm a newbie I took those seeds that I harvested in 08, froze them for awhile and then germinated them in Dec and tried to grow them inside with "natural" light.:confused: Now I know I was being a bit naive about the process but I do have 8 ladies in full bloom now, (I had a lot of hermis and males ) they are small, they don't have much vegetative growth. They got beat up in the march wind and stopped growing, but now are growing, there is sticky on them now as I started giving them some extra light and now they go out in the full sun and are almost hardened off enough to plant. I'm hoping they will produce as much bud as their parents :smoke: did but mountain growing leaves a lot to be desired in terms of growth period. Last freeze in my area is June 7th. So it is a puzzlement about what kind of crop I'll get with this batch that I started in Dec. I've bee told you can keep plants flowering for years. Soo starting in december can't be too bad.

My spring seedlings have sprouted and have branches. (I made a nursery for them.) Out of 10 seeds of "Chemo" 5 seeds sprouted and I have identified 4 female. Nine out of 10 Trainweck sprouted, and they were feminized. Will know the sex next week, although I see a lot of female characteristics already. With Blu tooth I only had 4 sprout out of 10. Sex to be determined later. All my plants are being hardened off to live outside. I worry that there isn't enough time to reach maturity. I've been thinking about transplanting a couple of plants back into the house next Oct.

I know this is long winded, but I wanted to share my story and get any hints you might have for me. I'll let you know what the sexing produces when I update this next week. Later :wave: