Mountain Bikers Unite!

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by dropinbiking, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Should have put these pics up sat, saturday's ride.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Actually thinking about getting into Mountain Biking, it seems like a wonderful way to relax and lose some weight that I despertately need. Any sugguestions for a first mountain bike?

3. Depends on what kind of trails you have nearby. I'd go to a shop and ask them what they think. A good FSR trail bike is a nice start, but they run new at about $1700. Look used if possible.

4. I live in Dal Fort Worth. So there is Whiterock trail and a few others. I would also be looking to use the bike as a means for SHTF situations but even though that is unlikely.

• Like Like x 1
  5. From todays ride, around 92, was cloudy most of the time, but the sun did pop out a few times. Smoke a joint of Durban Poison at the top.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. Here some footage (not mine), of some of the trails I did today, Pet-E-Kes/Raven's Ridge/Curts Down.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Went on a short ride today, before the rain, smoked some Sour Tangie. My first ride tubless.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. [​IMG]

Not mountain Biking per se, but I love vaping on that bench. So quiet and peaceful here. Love having this 30 mile trail go right by my home.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Well, shit... this happened to me the other day.
    [​IMG]

10. That sucks!

11. Sure does! Thankfully, I was only 1.5 miles away from the trailhead.

12. Not too bad of a hike out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I'll be going out for a ride later on today.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Not bad at all!!! Last summer on a 100F degree day I blew two tubes within 1/4 mile of each other, and I only had one spare tube with me. I was 8 miles into the woods. Hiking in the woods for 8 miles is no big deal. Hike-a-bike for 8 miles sucks big time.

I'm on a rest day today. I've been out on my bike for the past 6 days in a row for a total of 85 miles. Might go swim some laps later but right now, my legs are shot!

• Like Like x 1
  15. I just went tubeless last weekend, been on 2 rides since. So far, I'm seeing better traction, maybe better at rolling over things as well. At least I should not get anymore cactus shit, especially when I go off trail to find a good spot to smoke.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I have all my tubeless supplies except for the valve stems. They arrive on Saturday and it looks like it's gonna rain here all day so I'm hoping to get my conversion done tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Have fun.

18. My last joint of Durban Poison, gonna smoke it on a ride in a little while. Yesterday I did Good Vibes/Snakeskin/Gunny Loop (east). Today I will do Second Thoughts, you take a right, to do the loop.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. Did ya get this done?