Mountain Bikers Unite!

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by dropinbiking, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Hey guys! Anyone else into mountain biking? I sure as fuck am haha I just thought I'd share my rides, and a few pictures of winter riding.

I live on 10 acres so I'm lucky enough to be able to build my own trails. I'm up to about 3km before winter shut me down for the year. I can't wait to jump back out there in the spring and make more.

For those curious, I have two 2007 Kona Shreds. The red one is a little more custom, it's been torn apart and rebuilt a few times.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yep sure am. Been doing a ton of riding lately and have been building my downhill rig for some time. Finally dialed her in 100% today :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nice looking beast! Are you on pinkbike?

4. Yep, same as my username on here. Don't have any footage :( Whenever I ride we just want to ride and never take shots/film. Gonna try and get some raw runs tomorrow

5. You fellas should get a gopro! Don't seem to be riding armature bikes so the vids you'd get should be pretty unreal. Also have you seen the show drop in? Just noticed your username. Fuck that show was the best. Got me out of bed in the mornings lol. Pain is temporary, glory is forever!

6. I'm too broke to afford a gopro haha I've wanted one ever since I got my red Kona.

Yeah I remember watching dropin back when it was REAL, and FRESH. Shawn Denny, Mike Kinrade, Dylan Tremblay. That first season was the best shit ever! I was only like 12 at the time, but I got inspired.

7. Lol yea I hear ya. I bit the bullet in the summer and picked one up and I love it! Bring it everywhere with me. Fuck yea man I was around the same age when j watched that show. Always wanted to live on an old 70's city bus haha. Tremblay just mesmerized me jumping around on everything with his bike. Fuckin talent at its finest!

8. Yeah man, a few riders on here. There was a 100+ mtb page in this section that seems to have been lost in the nether.

Nice Kona's you have there and @ dude with custom rig its gorgeous! ! Yep can't wait for the warmer weather to roll in either, boarding currently makes up for it though :smoke:

9. Does this count?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. I use to mountain bike until I discovered my love for top speed. Get a trek road bike and you'll know the feeling. While I love going downhill on a mountain bike, the uphill climb just makes it unpleasant. The ability to cruise by other bikers without heavy peddling and the distance I can go, made up for the thrill of mountain biking.

I might buy a mountain bike one day and attach a motor for the climb, but that's only after I invest 1k in a nice trek 2 road bike.

:smoking:

11. Dirt jumping, hell yeah it does. Sick bike man

12. Forsure that bike counts! It looks like a nice light-weight dirt jumper or street rider.

As for a road bike, I SHOULD have one. I've got about a 17km ride to get to my town before I can start to bike around. I have 2.35" tires, but with them over filled, my forks stiffened, my seat way up (As you see in the picture) I can go along nicely with plenty of gear for top speed. I've clocked 53 on a downhill section, it felt pretty fast!

13. Ive got a mountain bike but i mainly use it for long bike rides distance wise, id love to go mountain biking but there are no trails where i live :sad:

14. Trade it in for a road bike.

15. I dont have the money to spend unfortunately, what other use can i use my bike for? besides trails. I have parks with trails near me that i can ride through

16. Do you have any access to land to make trails? It really is the best thing ever. You can make them cross country easy to as hard as you want :)

17. How would you make them? Cus theres a botanic garden near me with massive cliffs which me and my ftiends climb up. We could change it up

18. Been riding a little lately but most our trails are closed...

[​IMG]

19. Trails? Closed? Does not compute. A trail is a path, and if you can get on that path, your good to go ;)

The only thing that closes trails down in my area is 2 feet of snow. I sometimes get lucky and can ride ontop of the snow if some snowmobiles have already been through.

Really nice bike though, I've wanted a setup like that for a while, a hardtail just kills the legs after a while.

20. They close mainly due to fallen trees/branches and mudslides and you can ride the last mile or two of the trail still but it's not the same. During summer we have XC trails that are like 8 miles long of super smooth single track that you can just flow through without breaking a sweat.