Mould or Sticky trichomes???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ozeroz, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Thanks for all your replies, but possibly panic over? a full inspection of the plant showed up this leaf which looks like some sort of spider web/ insect silk!! I scraped at it with a toothpick and it's definitely sticky/tough like a spiders web!!!

Attached Files:

2. Bud, it's mold.

First grow using cfls.

3. yeah you definitely got something going on. Spider mites or mold. The first pics it was hard to tell but that one you can certainly see it. Luckily I haven't had a ton of experience with either issue but I know there are ways to try to get rid of it. If its that close to harvest it may not be a bad idea to chop it. Do you have any more growing in that area?
    Where are you growing? Is it a tent, a closet, a room, in the basement? outside? lol. Gotta find out how you got what you got so you can prevent it from your next grow.

4. It's on all three of those fan leaves in the shot. I see some on the very tip on the left of center and on the right of center leaf has the web looking stuff along it's side. But that black stuff... What are you thinking it is if it's not mold? Hmm... If it's a bug that's kinda great but I hope you can be sure of that before then next grow. Good luck!

☮️

5. You sure you see black stuff? All I see is where the leaves have been devoured and what looks like a web.

The mat in the background kinda makes the leaf appear black if that's what you are thinking maybe.

Robs New Journal RQS SQ#1 Clones

6. Oh shit! Yes! My eyes were playing tricks on me. Lol.. sorry. (Sheepish grin) that's the mat on the floor.. but I do see the white webbing on those other two leaves too. Do you have something to battle the pest?

☮️

So sorry about that.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I don't know what others would suggest but I wouldn't chop until you've solved the pest issue bc I would think they would continue to destroy the end product. Correct me if I'm wrong, guys.

☮️

8. I definitely wouldn't recommend chopping either... he's gonna have to figure out the bug problem one way or another... at least that's what I'm betting on.. idk with all the leaves missing pieces and the places those webs are I think it's as simple as that it's just webs not mold so the buds should be safe to continue to mature and get as potent as it can. But however it's not my plant I'm not looking at it in person I could be wrong so OP take what I say with a grain of salt.

9. Thanks guys, yeah I'm growing in a closet in my shed so there would definitely be spiders hanging around!! I've checked the buds again and there's no sign of anything suspicious today! I've the fan running 24 hours now just incase. I've used a magnifying glass and all I can see is trichomes, some without heads so they look kinda stalky! but no signs of any more webbing. The buds are getting very close , a few amber trichomes and plenty of orange pistils.. The webbing I scraped off the fan leaf earlier was sticky like a spiders web, would mould be sticky/tough???? Here's a pic of one of the buds, I think they are just packed with trichomes as I can't see any webbing on them now. Thanks for your advice guys I really appreciate it.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1