Motivation

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by jizzledfreq, Oct 6, 2012.

1. I feel like I should pursue music, it's really the only thing that I feel I can do well. Here are a few songs I made in FL studio, while this isn't the entirety of what I want to do, it's my "style". Please if you could give me some feed back, they are just instrumentals. I'm more looking on how to stay motivated being a musician?

jizzledfreq by Jarrel Craig Walker on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

jizzledfreq (Stylized, Jizzle D. Freq) would be my "stage name" what do you think?

2. I think one of biggest things that motivated me in music was a speech by Rusko on Masterclass. He said that to make people be like "Oh this is a really cool song", you gotta entertain the listener. Put some instruments in there that sound unique and different to grasp the listeners attention.

I never really liked FL, so I can't give ya much help revolving FL itself, but like I said above, you want to grasp the attention of the listener. I really liked the lil cymbal thing you had in the Surface song. Sounds weird. Sounds cool to me.

What motivates me is the fact that I want to be different, and I want to effect people, I want to make an impact on someone, even just one person.

I've been producing music on my computer for a lil over 2 years now, and I've come a long way. I've quit, I've been so frustrated at my DAW a few times, but I never gave up. Still learning things every day though. There is a lot you can learn just by messing around in a production program.

On your song, I thought it was alright, the sub is too loud, I'm listening through my headphones and Ik if I listened through my speakers they'd probably clip :p but no biggie.

3. i hear a lot of the sytrus synth in there; you should definitely browse around for free vst's, theres a good number of sites where you can find em

4. For sure, I love messing around with different sounds. Thanks for the feedback guys.

5. Jizz styled hair would be a dope name. Sytrus is mad powerful gotta be layered. My track I'm working on got Omnisphere and Sytrus together. Shits beautiful.