mothership glass

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by ultraturd22, Oct 17, 2014.

1. hey blades! came accross a ball rig that will be mine for a little less that 2.5. How does it stack up against the egg or klein? 

2. From what i hear the best hitting go in order(size dependant) ball, klien, torus, egg, straight fab, mini and tube. I have never hit one and refuse to buy one since the hype is so crazy. 2.5 is a little high also, I see balls going for 1900-2200 still. Crazy how a year ago eggs were 1800 and balls were 1100

3. #3 ultraturd22, Oct 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2014
    yes exactly, makes me feel like a dick. reason why i won't let myself get an egg even though It's my favorite ms. the ball comes with a ms blasted honeybucket; i should've mentioned that. not too buttrape of a price

4. Does it come with a matching OFZ cap with a swing? If yes then your not doing too bad, talk them down a little

5. yeah, it does. I don't think theres any talking him down, as it's coming in a pelican. i've seen balls sell for 2.2 with the ms slide so i don't feel too butthurt. Just sucks that the resell is so high. if I don't cop it someone gladly will lol

6. If you can drop that type of money and you take care of glass I wouldn't see why someone wouldn't. The re sell on these things are crazy. It comes fully loaded so might as well.

7. one day i hope ill be able to own luxury of that level.
    i love the faberge, but any other MS is sexy still.

you gotta post function vids yo 

8. I dunno, ms pieces all hit different adn what people like just depends on the person you ask.  IMO my preference is 

egg, klein, torus, mini of the ones I've used.  I water tested a ball rig and didn't like it so I'd put that one between the torus and mini.  But some people like that one the most, like I said, just depends on the person.  2.5 is a touch high but not bad with peli, bucket, lightly used swing and ofz.

9. seller wound up getting 2.6 w/ the 1400 - bullsheet if you ask me. Could have saved me >500 dollars copping a ms months ago. still looking, hype is too much

10. I really dont get why a ball would be smoother than an egg, any ideas? To me an egg pretty much seems like a ball + "swiss" perc.

Sorry for highjack.

11. i don't think anyone said a ball was smoother, they are all great oil pieces. and yes you are right about the egg, however the seed of life perc's or w.e are on the side - the ball rig is on the top. they all got different chugs (someone that elaborate maybe)  however they hype of an egg is ridiculous and soon an egg will be worth more than a dino lol

12. Thanks for info brother, I'll check them out a little bit more as I wasn't aware that the percs were placed different.

My response was to the post below:

The egg has a seed of life perc, the number depends on the size.  The ball rig has a flower of life perc similar to the klein.  The flower of life is more diffused.  They just chug differently, have different amounts of diffusion.  That's why I said personal preference, is just that, just a subjective difference.  The eggs are already worth more than dinos.

New in shop a elbo bronto style should be around 2k, right now on the used market you'd be lucky to get like 15-1600 for it.  Most MS pieces are from 1900-2500 retail now (depending on shop, and whether they charge sales tax on top).  Resale is pretty much the same or slightly above.  Resale for an egg is pretty much 3k+ unless is huge or has a poor shaping.  

Personally I wouldn't pay that tag for a ball rig.  I would just keep trying to hit up shops.  I don't think any of the MS pieces are worth overpaying for.  I would pay a lot for a single seed klein, but then again, it would resale for a lot too.

14. giving up on ms. too hype. I was quoted  3.6 for a small egg and saw a couple balls at 2.3ish. shits just ridiculous. price is just climbing. people are paying 75 for caps and 200 for swings - shits just unreal imo. Wound up getting a 12.5 straight egg w/ the flower of life or whatever perc- the fab portion is on the bottom so  it'll quench my mothership thurst. the fucker has a repaired joint at 45 degrees = reasonable price. I'm sure It'll be a little airy and wont stay long in the collection. but i'm onto the next piece

15. If you like eggs but given up on MS why not go with a fully worked Shelton egg??? Apparently he's been doing em as long if not longer than MS anyways and all the worked ones i've seen are flawless.

16. arrived ya'll