Mother plant question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jmerf, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Hello I have a question on my mother plants. I currently have them in a closet on a 24/0 light schedule, mainly because of light leaks I cannot easily seal. I would like to go to 18/6 to save power- would small light leaks cause my plants to go herm? Sorry for the noobish question I know light leaks are bad for flowering but is it a big deal in veg?

2. I keep my clones in a spot where they get lights off and on from the room next to them and have never had an issue from that. I'm pretty sure you only have to worry during flower

3. #3 baumeister, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2012
    no why would that be a problem? if your plants wont flower with 6 hours uninterrupted darkness each day, they will do even less so with 18 hours of interrupted darkness. you already know that completely uninterrupted light is ok and so is 18/6, so why would something in between those two result in something completely else? guess what, if your plant isnt flowering, then its not flowering as a hermy either.

the thing with flowering, light leaks and hermies is that a flowering plant thats interrupted in its dark cycle will basically prepare to re-veg and before it does that, it tries to pollinate as many of its flowers as possible so that its incomplete flowering wasnt for nothing.

4. Ok thanks for clearing up the self-pollination thing for me.