Most yield? (mainlining vs scrog (and/or sog))

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by LinuxOwner, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Hello Blades.

So I was sitting here this morning drinking the Starbucks and wondering about many of the things that I have seen and learned here at GC. More specifically, I wanted to talk yield. Would a few of you who have some experience "weigh in" on the pros/cons and specifically help give some comparisons between the two methods mainlining and scrog.

I've been wanting the discussion as I was under the impression that a scrog grow was exactly what I wanted to do, however after reading posts and viewing pics here at GC, I'm not so sure. Its true that the scrog method will increase yields for those of us (me) with say smaller flower areas (3x3x6) allthough it appears that it comes with a somewhat cumbersome price, you know, all the difficulty that comes with care and cleaning (both hydro and soil or w/e). I am not advocating that mainlining is so much easier as I really dont have the knowledge or experience to make such a claim. As I'm pretty sure most of us are looking to get an optimal harvest of course, could there be such a difference in yield that a person would automatically exclude one method before the other ,given that all variables (tents, plants, lights etc) would be basically the same?

I would really like to hear from everyone opinions on this matter, however anyone who has done both and favors one more than the other I would like you to make it know that you have done both and why you prefer one over the other.

Thanks for your reponses in advance.
    Regards,
    Linux