most stealth grow... ever...

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by amnesiac, May 16, 2008.

1. 1. i realize growing in an apartment is not stealthy. or smart. in fact i realize its retarded.
    2. lets just pretend im going to do it anyways.
    3. im looking at a beautiful spacious corner apartment on the 3rd floor. brick walls 2 bed 2 bath huge living space and kitchen.
    4. im just wondering.. if i have better odds with a closed growing environment .. or with 2 beautiful carbon filters and sound insulated everything.. pumping out a window..
    5. ive got a commercial grade air pump that puts out 110 lpm. so ive got to power at least 5 rumple buckets if i dont want to destroy all my roots, and im not sure if i can put that pump on a dimmer.
    6. what strain.
    thank you and good night. i have to go to the emergency room tomorrow have my fiance's miscarriage taken care of. at 5 am.

2. Im actually going for the same thing. Depends on what you feel causes less stealth; larger size vs more smell vs more noise and are probably uniqueue to each situation.

I chose a larger size, but the unit will be fully contained, so i wont have to rely as much on the carbon filter removing my smell as much. It will alos allow me to control the sound better i feel. Decent stealth goes to shit stealth if you dont plan correctly. I see people build these beautiful cabinets and then have to leave the door open because of temps...or add a another area in the closet or bathroom for more space. It cracks me up really. It is as if they have become more lax and lost sight of their initial goal...That being said, plan accordingly and read/ask alot.

I definitley don't think it is retarded to grow in a condo/apartment if done correctly. It is retarted to grow anywhere incorrectly. I think it is smart to take the initiative to grow while considering all aspects primarily cost vs risk vs reward and ultimately make educated decision about moving forward.

3. Sorry to hear about the miscarriage bro..best of luck to you and the lady. Dont making any rash decisions when your heads not right(like you could find weed yesterday to calm the nerves so you will grow it tomorrow).

4. she was only 2 months in. it could have been a lot worse. she took it well. i still cant believe any of this happened. it happened so fast.

5. it looks final. my old bosses wife is moving out. all he wants is 450 a month from me so i can move away from my senile x-crackhead mother and in with my girlfriend of 5 years. this commercial grade air pump is going to need some serious sound insulation. its just about as loud as any little pancake air compressor. but it puts out 28x more air than your standard 4lpm and costs 5 times as much.. ive got a white rhino, my first plant ever, in a bubble bucket 36 days into flower almost 4' tall that i may have to harvest early, leave behind, or take with me down the block. these 2 issues have really been a a thorn in my foot. any help appreciated. this video shows a store bought sound insulated box, if anybody could detail the construction of one of these, i think it should be made a thread of its own and stickied. the noise is the only downside to these air compressors. you pay 100 bucks for 110 lpm or you pay 20 bucks for 4 lpm. any recommendations of some badass diffusers would be pretty sweet too.

6. <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HLbrqjkK4CY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HLbrqjkK4CY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

its at the 1 min 55 sec mark and at 7 min but he basically constructs one himself at 3 min 15.

7. oh and the only outlets from the box would be the cord, and 2 quarter inch garden hoses :eek:

8. he's just building a window cover at the 3 min 15 sec mark. the other boxes are exhaust fans in sound deadening boxes, which (to my knowledge) are pretty much the same as subwoofer boxes. probably made out of MDF, with who knows what inside, filling the open air in the boxes.

9. i downloaded this movie from thepiratebay and at the end, they show that hydro shop guy constructing one in the same fashion. with the same sound deadening black shit. they use it in the window for sound deadening purposes.