most random animal found in your house

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Eight Sizzler, May 21, 2011.

1. Hey GC I was reading the spider thread here and got thinking about all the little creatures that go into ones house.

So what is the most random animal you have found in your house?

For me it was a Possum that kept getting back in somehow and always slept in the same spot, behind the dryer. We dropped him off at a canyon, next week he was back in the same spot.

Second would be a little white baby scorpion. I heard the younger they are the more potent their venom is.
    Little guy was just chilling infront of my room.

2. Me and my buddy Tyler were about 5 or 6. We were playing with one of those mini basketball hoop things that you use indoors (the ones you hang on the top of doors) when we saw what we thought was a mouse on the top of a door frame. We started throwing stuff at it but couldn't hit it. Turns out it was actually a bat, and my mom had to call Tyler's dad (he lived right next door) to come get it out. I was scared as shit lol. This dude just comes and picks up the bat and carries it to the woods.

3. #3 Eight Sizzler, May 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Haha I remember my friends and I were just at the backyard once. One of my buddies was laying on the ground too high and drunk. Nex thing we know we kept seeing this bat keep trying to what seemed to grab his hat. We were just sitting there watching it happen over and over.

4. Yep, bats. Multiple times (thankfully I think I have the damn holes plugged now, haven't had any in a year or so).

Once one was flying in my youngest son's room. Right over his head. He was ignoring it and continued to play video games. :laughing:

Also had a couple of snakes in my basement.

5. #5 Eight Sizzler, May 21, 2011
    Sounds like a true gamer haha.

That reminds me I had frogs and lizards once in my living room.

6. A group of birds once flew into my friend's window when I was living in halls of residence with him. Took around two hours to get them out XD

Found a lizard in my back garden as well once, and two frogs fornicating on the pavement outside my house.

7. When i lived in curacao wed get these little white geckos. I had a green lizard that lived in my room and i actually loved him. Id put my hand on the wall and hed climb on me and id eat breakfast with him in the mornig. Hed just be all over my room. Then one day i took him to school in a cage and i left him in the sun by accident and he died :(. I was really young and stupid.

8. A frog some how got into my place, and I was baked as fuck, I'm just chilling and playing games and all of a sudden, "Ribbit", I thought I was tripping balls and that it was my game then I kept on hearing it, quit the game and spent an hour trying to find it, and once I did it was a big bastard chilling under my couch, it must of been nice and cool under there.

9. Once I found YO MAMMA hahahhahahahahaaaaa ... whos with me?

10. A sloth chillin on my computer chair. No joke

11. me neighbors black dog. It belonged to this dude that lived like 3 houses down from me.

i was cutting the grass, and it appeared out of no where; playing with the black shoes i had on.

it followed me into the house, and my dad put it outside because my mom would flip if she knew a dog was in the house.

I really wanted a puppy to play with, their so adorable.

12. Have found a few birds in my house, a racoon with babies was in my attic once and we had to trap them to get them out.
    And one time a little baby rabbit. I had my back door open while bbqing one summer. I came back into the house to get something, i'm pretty toasted and buzzing from a few beers. and I just see this little baby rabbit sitting by the carpet at my front door.
    I had to blink a few times to make sure it was actually a rabbit. I kinda wrangled it/herded it back out the door and it went on its way.

13. How come you act like a smartass every time you reply to a thread?

14. my cat has brought chipmunks and birds into my house

15. There was a bat in my moms bedroom one night. It took awhile to catch it ad put it outside.

And OP scorpion toxicity is related to size, not age. The smaller ones are the most venomous, regardless of how old they are.

16. #16 Eight Sizzler, May 22, 2011
    Oh ok thanks for the info!
    The one I found was like 3-4 inches.long and clear. It was alive since it was just walking .

17. That one would've most likely been harmless. That is by no means a small scorpion. If it were 1 inch long then it'd be a problem...

18. Scorpions freak me the fuck out. When I was stationed in Panama, they were all over the old buildings in Panama City. Kid next door to where I was visiting one night stepped on one and got stung.

Scary shit. :eek:

19. ^I found a 1 inch scorpion in my room in a villa in tuscany when I was on a family trip. Didn't even know Italy had scorpions?

We also have a 1.5 metre monitor lizard living in my roof right now. Mum told me to catch it in a cardboard box and get it out of the house. I said "no way" so she told me to "stop being a baby, because the lizard is probably more scared of you than you are of it". Half a minute and a shredded box later I learnt that I AM more scared of it than it is of me. That motherfucker could break through the ceiling mission impossible style any time it wants and rip my limbs off while I sleep. Pest control have been called and are coming within the next few days.

20. a pink elephant in the room