most over-rated bands

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Ebinezer02:4, May 24, 2006.

1. AHAHAHAH my friend said he was going to the jack johnson concert, i was like cool, yall gonna play frisbee or what? that guy CANT put on a good show, instead of seats they had beds in the auditorium so he could lull them to sleep.

and RHCP is the epitome of how pure pop opinion will skyrocket a band, talent or no talent. i think they are the scum of the earth, i remember a Guitar World with them on the front cover emulating the Sgt Pepper's album. who the fuck do they think they are?
    after this, and after guitar world publishing naked pictures of Kirk Hammet from Metallica, i was done with that subscription.

2. I love The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Nirvana, and The Red Hot Chili Pepers, they all had totally different stlyes then anything else before them.

HIM is totally overrated along with Hawthorn Heights and all those other emo bands that all sound the same with there winey lyrics and vocals.

3. yeah him=teh suck

4. :hello:

:hello: :hello: :hello: :hello:

and a +rep to Panic for backing up Rush.

i love rush. the music is so good, the vocals are DEAD on. the guitar riffs are so good. how can you not like rush?

5. Yeah complex for their era, they have amazing song writing and were good at their instruments. But they where around in the 60's and where huge for just playing chords yet Pete townshed wass making rock operas and Hendrix was blazing on his guitar. The Beatles are still a great band and I love them dont get me wrong it's just they got super famous with nice catchy little songs.

6. id have to say U2 is over rated

and nirvana is NOT over rated IMO

7. i'm not one to present negativity on the boards but you're an idiot. After taking lessons from one of the Beatlemania members for over a year and learning a lot of beatles material, the beatles are underrated as far as instrumental playing goes. some chord progressions and finger picking progressions are tough not to mention they sang over it. they didn't become one of the best bands in the world playing the same chords and rythms over and over again.

8. how do you think radiohead is overrated they get no radio play, no mtv. and by having a cult following i would say is the direct opposite of being overrated

9. 38 special.

10. Dont really feel like explaining myself cause ya know i smoke weed and am lazy and all but here's a couple:

Nickleback
    Nirvana
    The Dartkness
    Good Charolete
    Blink 182 (even though most of their music is catchy their bassist cant play for shit)
    Puff Daddy

I could def. think of more and will post when i think of em. And to the person who said Coheed and Cambria? Why? I wouldnt call them overrated for the least.

11. u2
    nirvana
    nickleback
    etc etc

whoever said rush is overrated doesn't know how to appreciate good music... i personally dont like zepellin all that much but they have talent...

12. :hello:

I HATE this band.

Peace
    Dannk!

13. cuz for how diehard their fans are, they arent that good.

14. One time I told a radiohead fan that they sucked, just to fuck with her. She flipped shit on me. It was hilarious and awesome.:hello:

15. the most agreeably overrated band between me and my friends is the rolling stones. I will never underdstand the stones obssession. The first songs I heard from them was great, "paint it black," and it is to this day the only song that is good that I've heard. There is no way anyone can legitimately claim that zeppelin or the beatles are ovverrated. Every hair metal band is overrated as well, they are the equivilent of todays emo bands except im gonna give them credit for at least being men and doing the drugs and gettin the chicks and not being lil pussy kids. O and every rap star today sucks, its all easy and shit, listen to the roots

16. Im wondering what radiohead you HAVE heard that you see a cult following around? Listening to Creep, Karma Police and Fake Plastic Trees only because they are the three songs which get the MOST out of barely any radio time. I think you have not gone anywhere. I have heard a majority of their new material (LP7 not released yet) and it is truly different, as are all of their albums. They are one of the most experimental bands considering the steps taken from their manic hedgehog days to OK Computer... Amnesiac is in my top 2 radiohead albums and is usually one of the most hated/misunderstood of their albums. A cult following had definately formed around Creep and is one of my most hated of their songs. If you are basing your opinions of them around their songs that had happened to be playing on the radio or MTV (cringe), you have heard nothing. Await the new album, I know it will be bought out immediately and get outstanding reviews... dont listen to those reviews at all. Listen for yourself.

My most overrated have to be Nickleback, Coldplay, U2, Green Day, Linkin Park, Alexisonfire (all of that screamo shit for that matter), and most of all the shit played on mtv/much.

17. Don't you find irony in that. The Beatles claimed they were bigger then Jesus, and then RHCP poses as a Beatles album cover. I don't know, it's just ironic in my mind.

1) Jimi Hendrix; overrated. To be honest, I trully don't see what is so good about his guitar work. I'd take so many others over him any day. Just overrated.

And most others on this thread except a few, such as RHCP, and some others... I think.

18. 1) Jimi Hendrix; overrated. To be honest, I trully don't see what is so good about his guitar work. I'd take so many others over him any day. Just overrated.

the beauty of jimi was that he was first to do what he did. and there was NO ONE at that time doing what he did. he was truly an artist and absolutely not overrated. he was innovative to the extreme.

19. While I don't think Nirvana is overrated, I do think he's overplayed. My god, ever since I came to California I'd hear one of his songs every friggin' day. Enough already! The guy is dead, get over it!

As for overrated, however, Bruce Springsteen pops into mind.

20. Nirvana fucking BLOWSSSSSS. I really didn't understand the whole "Grunge" genre of music it all sounded the fucking same. Shitty lyrics mixed with shitty(er) instrumentals. I love talking about this to people whos instant reply is "You just dont understand the complex mind of Kurt Cobain". That mother fucker is the reason for the resurgence of "emo" now. Although i admit that i bought "Live from the muddy banks of Wischi..something" they are still a terrible band. Biggest joke as of lately was Cobain being named one of the best guitar players of the 20th century or whatever bullshit award he got. If you consider swining an "axe" into speakers and running around stage yelling simplistic lyrics about how teenages are "misunderstood" then i guess he is truly the new Hendrix.

NIRVANA FUCKING BLOWS! /end flame