Most Beautiful Man-Made Object In The World?

Discussion in 'General' started by RustyG35, Jan 13, 2011.

1. #1 RustyG35, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2011
    I found this question in a random conversation starter kit I picked up at a gas station. And I thought it was a pretty neat question. I asked a few friends and got some interesting responses...

[​IMG]
    The Sydney Opera House.

This was my pick. I absolutely love the architecture of the building, and just the colors (especially in this photo) are just spectacular.

[​IMG]
    Falling Water

This was a friends choice. This house was built in 1939 and literally has a waterfall that runs underneath the house. To fathom the level of comprehension the designer had is outrageous. All he had was a pen and paper to design this place that wouldn't collapse on itself...

[​IMG]
    the Leuve

The world famous museum. The iconic location was seen in the film The DaVinci Code. The design and the history contained inside are a spectacle.

FOCUS: What is something in the world man-made that you find as the most beautiful? It doesn't have to necassarly be a landmark or a building... cars were mentioned, artwork even.

So dicuss GC, what are some of the most beautiful things man has man to you? Why?

2. man..... made?

3. uh yeah. noticed that. fixed now.

4. Love the old school architecture. I mean just imagine how smart people were back then to design such a thing. It's hard enough to build these things now but could you imagine 2000 years ago?

The Coliseum is my favourite. I just would have loved to seen it back in it's hay day.

Attached Files:

5. Considering that the three objects in the OP are examples of beautiful architecture, is it strictly limited to man-made buildings, or is it literally anything that a human being has made?

6. The Eames Lounge and Ottoman

[​IMG]

7. literally anything that a human being as made. Provide examples of why you think its the most beautiful thing if you can as well!

8. In that case:

[​IMG]

9. A sculpture called Bird in Flight.

[​IMG]

10. i find 90% of all human made buildings fucking hideous in all their glory

11. I live about 25 miles away from it but the sad thing is I've yet to pay a visit. Gotta get that done one of these days.

12. [​IMG]

Aston Martin One-77

13. Mental, what is that graph supposed to represent?

Nom: that is some beautiful art.

14. I live at least 300 miles away but I've been there lol, and @OP you said he had to make it so it didn't fall in on itself, and actually it's had issues with that, haha when I was there it was being heavily renovated so it didn't just collapse into the creek :p but it's a really cool house, I've seen a few of FLR's

my vote for this thread though:

[​IMG]More impressive in person, although I've never seen this one personally. It's in Salt Lake City Utah supposed to be one of the nicest sounding organs in the world in one of the best places for an Organ acoustically speaking.